• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Seat height selection …

collingsbob

When I ordered my 1300 I did so without the benefit of a test ride, or even sitting on a floor model. I selected the heated high comfort seat, based on watching YouTube videos of the experience of people of similar height to myself, knowing that it was a bit of a gamble.
Yesterday I emailed the dealership asking what options were available to me if when the bike arrives and the high comfort seat is found to be too high.
Yesterday I sat on the bike..the seat height is perfect.

Last edited:
I selected the heated high comfort seat, based on watching YouTube videos of the experience of people of similar height to myself, KNOWING IT WOULD BE A BIT OF A GAMBLE.
1. You don't even know if you have an issue as you haven't sat on the bike.

2.. You admittedly took a gamble without any input from the dealer or discussion of alternatives and now you expect the dealer to bail you out?

1. You don't even know if you have an issue as you haven't sat on the bike.

2.. You admittedly took a gamble without any input from the dealer or discussion of alternatives and now you expect the dealer to bail you out?
1- you’re correct
2-The salesman didn’t question or offer any suggestions. “Bail me out”? Really? I didnt haggle, I paid full bore for a fully loaded 1300…all I’m asking for is the possibility of exchanging one brand new, perfectly un-used seat, for another brand new seat..That’s hardly “bailing me out”

1- you’re correct
2-The salesman didn’t question or offer any suggestions. “Bail me out”? Really? I didnt haggle, I paid full bore for a fully loaded 1300…all I’m asking for is the possibility of exchanging one brand new, perfectly un-used seat, for another brand new seat..That’s hardly “bailing me out”
Considering the dealer has to buy that second seat and take A BIT OF A GAMBLE that he can sell yours, I'd call that bailing you out..

And, to repeat, you don't even know if you have an issue yet you're slagging off the dealer.

When I ordered my 1300 I did so without the benefit of a test ride, or even sitting on a floor model. I selected the heated high comfort seat

When I ordered my 1300 I did so without the benefit of a test ride, or even sitting on a floor model. I selected the heated high comfort seat,
Yesterday I emailed the dealership asking what options were available to me if when the bike arrives and the high comfort seat is found to be too high.
When I go to the BMW site I only see one height for the heated seat.
The seat without heat is available in High, Standard and Low.

1- you’re correct

A bit off topic, but is "full bore" a Canadian thing? In the States, I've never paid list price for a new BMW and I don't consider myself a very good negotiator. The negotiation was never more than a few minutes to get to a price I thought was reasonable. On a new 5 Series that was $10K off the list price for a car I ordered built to my spec. Bikes have usually been $1-2K off list with the exception of a K1600GT that was deeply discounted. Accessories (like top cases) bought at the same time as the bike have always been deeply discounted.

Lots of cry babies on customer service . Dealer does not want to sit on a seat you chose incorrectly . It becomes unwanted inventory and they get taxed on it quarterly.
Your sales rep is not a BMW know it all or any brand for that mater . Just a guy making a living in sales , and volume counts not the one full price sale you made.

Problem today is everyone thinks their special. Man up order a seat you need if the one does not work out .

A bit off topic, but is "full bore" a Canadian thing? In the States, I've never paid list price for a new BMW and I don't consider myself a very good negotiator. The negotiation was never more than a few minutes to get to a price I thought was reasonable. On a new 5 Series that was $10K off the list price for a car I ordered built to my spec. Bikes have usually been $1-2K off list with the exception of a K1600GT that was deeply discounted. Accessories (like top cases) bought at the same time as the bike have always been deeply discounted.
Accessories added to the final invoice will get a 10% discount. I don’t know if “full bore” is a Canadian thing, but it was the reality of my deal.
The dealership has since reached out to me with a more conciliatory tone - and I responded in kind.

Back