• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Sargent Seat Feedback

gregu

Greetings & Happy Thanksgiving,
Just took delivery of a base model heated Sargent seat for my 2020 RT. The seat does not have any of the trick grabber/carbon fiber panels.
Went on a 17-mile ride. When I got off, the saddle material appears wrinkled. (I weigh 187#) After 2 hours at rest the wrinkles had mostly disappeared. Seems to me that my former Sargent seat 10 years ago did not wrinkle at all. I need to decide if this is abnormal and return/exchange or not.
- What are the other Sargent seat owners seeing?
Photo of the seat at 17-miles...
2023-11-22 SS 1st Ride-17mi.jpg

They have a 30 day return policy. Return it! Send that pix to Sargent and ask for a RMA. They should pay for the return postage and send you a non defective seat. I've had over a dozen seats from them and never anything like that.

This is what a 1,000 mile used seat should look like...all the time. These seats are off a 2023 Triumph but same-same construction however, these are not heated. Did you have heating element on during your ride? If so perhaps heat caused defect but never saw that before either.

Attachments

• IMG_0803.jpg
    IMG_0803.jpg
    415.5 KB · Views: 432
  • IMG_0804.jpg
    IMG_0804.jpg
    418.9 KB · Views: 424
We've had several non heated Sargent seats and they never wrinkled like that.
Contact Sargent and send them a picture.

Ive never seen anything like that either. I would reach out to Sargent and see what they say. Please keep us posted

The photo below was just taken of the Sargent saddle on my 2018 R1200RTw. It has been on since the bike was new (soon to be 6 years). It is heated and the heat was used a great deal on the return trip from Birmingham, Alabama at the Barber / BMW festival. It was about 36 degF the morning of my departure. No issues with my seat.

DSC04045.jpg

Was it comfortable? If it was really nice and comfortable it may be nice to know what is up with the wrinkles/puckering butt- I would be hesitant to have it changed if it was a great, on my butt, improvement. :dunno

OM

Appreciate the feedback and photos from Sargent owners. I will start the RMA process. Yes, the new seat is more comfortable than OEM but I'm going to have this seat for miles/years to come...so I want to get off the bike on every ride and look back at it with a gleam in my eye!

More info: the rear seat pan/foam did not secure the "tools" which I determined before riding/sitting on the front seat. Contacted Sargent and they found the air blowers clogged in the foam form. Hence, they are sending a new rear seat. I feel bad about the front seat, but will update this post.

Sargent could have had a new employee still learning on-the-job that made the OP's seat. I have purchased several new Sargent seats and have had even more Corbin seats recovered by Sargent. All have been top notch quality. I would be very surprised if you have any trouble returning the unsatisfactory seat and getting your seat re-made to your satisfaction. I hope that the OP will let us know how things turn out.

Picture of my 3 month old Sargent with heat with ~2000 miles on it for reference. I just traded off my 2017 RT and sold the seat to it's new owner. I've never had a Sargent wrinkle like that.
I'm 245# with gear on.

Attachments

• Sargent3.jpg
    Sargent3.jpg
    757.6 KB · Views: 289
I bought a used Sargent seat with 6,000 miles on it, rode on it for another 4,000 miles before selling it and it looked brand new the whole time; not one wrinkle. (Unfortunately it and my butt were not meant for each other. :laugh)

Contact Sargent and let us know their response.

Greetings All and Merry Christmas.
I received the 2nd seats. Sargent upgraded me to to a heated rear seat (I paid for a non-heated rear) but it still has the deformed bubbles that are supposed to hold the tools in place. The front seat wrinkled only slightly on the left side...so it was improved.

Sargent apologized for the 2nd rear seat and said they are working through manufacturing issues. That said, I'll ride on the front seat for 20 days to see if the wrinkles worsen. I gave up on the rear seat; I'll glue some foam in place to hold the tools.

No issues

I’ve had mine for two years and so far it’s still in perfect condition. I found this company has exceptional customer service and would gladly do another future transaction with them

Attachments

• IMG_2074.jpg
    IMG_2074.jpg
    678.6 KB · Views: 155
I’ve had two Sargent seats and neither had wrinkles or other quality control problems. I did not find either one comfortable, so no more Sargent seats for me.

Hey Chadhargis & SteveAikens...my gosh those are good looking motorcycles with Sargent seats and coordinated piping.

Regarding my 2nd seat after a few miles and hours in the saddle: The front seat feels good and no wrinkles. The glued pieces of foam I put in the rear seat are holding the tools just fine. At the end of the day, Sargent stood by the seat.

Hey Chadhargis & SteveAikens...my gosh those are good looking motorcycles with Sargent seats and coordinated piping.

Regarding my 2nd seat after a few miles and hours in the saddle: The front seat feels good and no wrinkles. The glued pieces of foam I put in the rear seat are holding the tools just fine. At the end of the day, Sargent stood by the seat.

Glad to hear that you are satisfied and Sargent did their usual excellent customer service. I've had many Sargent seats on multiple different bikes, always with excellent results. :clap

For clarification - the bike I posted is not mine. Belongs to garybinnyc and is just his photo that I rotated so it's not upside down.

It is a damn nice looking bike.:thumb:thumb

Back