• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Salty Fog Riders Rally: The Trip

Hey guys, I sure wish I had stayed with you touring PEI. However my SO needed me home. I will bring her next year. Chaz and I made it to Calais Me around 9pm and moteled it and I made it home to Virginia on Sunday. The trip around Cape Breton was a great introduction to Nova Scotia. Thanks Bob and Mary!
Buddy

Glad that you enjoyed the run Buddy. Hope that you and your wife can make it next year. You and the others were such exceptional riders and individuals that you made our side of the equation a real joy. Thank you also! - Bob

Still working on that video...

But not right now. I went looking for the Soldier's Bread recipe from Louisbourg and I'm in the middle of baking some now. This stuff is just as industrial to make as it is to eat.

12 cups of whole wheat flour
4 cups of rye flour
a bit of sugar
a bit of yeast
a bit of salt
6 cups of water
and that's about it.

If you've ever made bread from whole grain by hand, it's such a challenge to knead.

Here's the story about the bread: http://tinyurl.com/yln5f6h

Here is the Fortress at Louisbourg website: http://www.pc.gc.ca/eng/lhn-nhs/ns/louisbourg/index.aspx

Still working on that video...

But not right now. I went looking for the Soldier's Bread recipe from Louisbourg and I'm in the middle of baking some now. This stuff is just as industrial to make as it is to eat.

12 cups of whole wheat flour
4 cups of rye flour
a bit of sugar
a bit of yeast
a bit of salt
6 cups of water
and that's about it.

If you've ever made bread from whole grain by hand, it's such a challenge to knead.

Here's the story about the bread: http://tinyurl.com/yln5f6h

Here is the Fortress at Louisbourg website: http://www.pc.gc.ca/eng/lhn-nhs/ns/louisbourg/index.aspx

I think some folks are still digesting their purchase :whistle:ha - Bob

I think these pictures will lure more riders to the event next year. I know it appeals to me. But I've ridden so many rainy Maritime miles...seems like the odds are against you to see that beautiful sunshine!

I think these pictures will lure more riders to the event next year. I know it appeals to me. But I've ridden so many rainy Maritime miles...seems like the odds are against you to see that beautiful sunshine!

thanks Gail. Weather is indeed an unpredictable critter up here but we did get some particularly great weather this year. The early part of September can be a bit more stable though. So, knowing that this venture "appeals" to you maybe you will give some thought to next year? - Bob

This a picture of the sun rise over Meat Cove early in the morning before the rest of the riders got up. This made the whole trip.

Attachments

• Nova Scotia MC trip 2009 017.jpg
    Nova Scotia MC trip 2009 017.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 103
And into the new year we go! The plans for the Salty Fog Riders Rally 2010 have begun. Learning from the previous two experiences and considering the suggestions of participants we are moving forward to bring to you the Salty Fog Riders Rally 2010. Information will be forthcoming over the coming months.

However, today I want to again thank the Veteran Riders #329 for their top-drawer support last year. I was proud and fortunate to recently receive a shirt from this organization regarding our little rolling rally. During our January trip to Larry's River, base camp to the Salty Fog Riders Rally, I threw caution to the wind and stepped out into the freezing temps to proudly display my wonderful shirt. While Prince Edward Island (PEI) was not officially incuded in the 2009 schedule, some did make it. 2010 will officially incorporate the PEI rally for those interested. Shedule pending but look at the first week of September, 2010.

The Shirt: Thank-You Veteran Rider #329!!

saltyfogshirt001.jpg

saltyfogshirt003.jpg

- Bob and Mary Weber, Halifax, Nova Scotia

...and thank you PaulBach for the foundation and networking contribution!!! - Bob

Aw shucks! It was the folks up in the Maritimes that did all the heavy lifting. I really look forward to the 2010 edition. The Salty Fog Rally has to be the largest & longest rally going - in terms of miles!

• It's a ride
  • ]It's a hoot!
  • It's an experience!

LoveSaltyFogbutton.jpg

Last edited:
Bob were can I order my Salty Fog T-shirt?

Buddy

Buddy, we had a protype for 2007 but thought it could have a better print. A local business that did an excellent job on our Uni-Go shirts moved away. So, it is now our intent to have a shirt available this year. Maybe a prototype with 2009 on it could be done and made available. We will be looking into this and will get back to you as soon as we know.

This is PaulBach with a poor picture of a 2007 prototype. I would like to have the picture blend better with the shirt color. After a bit of local research I will get back to you. - Bob

may28ToJune2127.jpg

Aw shucks! It was the folks up in the Maritimes that did all the heavy lifting. I really look forward to the 2010 edition. The Salty Fog Rally has to be the largest & longest rally going - in terms of miles!

• It's a ride
  • ]It's a hoot!
  • It's an experience!

LoveSaltyFogbutton.jpg

Don't underestimate your influence Paul. Looking at a number of attractive 'add ons' this year. T-Shirts are one and routing options another. Larry's River should be even more accommodating because of the barn we intend to build up on the hill. Looking forward to it all again! - Bob

Back