• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

S1000XR - SC ride - Woods Ferry

mjfink420

Got an Insta360, so had to share my first ride video. Just a quick afternoon ride down to Woods Ferry in rural SC. Some nice roads, a few twisties, and very little traffic. It's not a route I'd recommend if you're not in the Greenville area already, but it's a good one for those close by.

Any questions, or if someone wants the GPX track, just let me know, happy to provide it.

Oh, and as with every video on Youtube, my speedo is off, the number you see on the bike isn't actually the speed I'm traveling. ;)

Thanks for posting. I have always wanted to ride an S1000XR. Now I have. :)

That's all the camera/tech, not my skills (either riding or editing). The 360 cameras out there now really make it easy to capture this kind of footage; the first time I saw it I thought to myself "This is the first video that actually captures pretty well what it's like to ride a motorcycle".

I do a lot of riding in areas like this, many consider them "boring", but I love it and the scenery can be really stunning. I can't wait for the Blue Ridge to open so I can go up there and get some footage!

Very cool! I've been in the Boiling Springs/Chesnee area for 6 years and only headed down that way once (usually go North or West) I'll have to take a ride down there. Looks like a pretty good place to eat close by - https://www.hillsideeatz.com/

Back