• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Riding where you see more BMW's

I've noticed in the winter months riding around in the cold, that I see way more BMWs out there than I see cruisers. We seem to wave with more enthusiasm in the winter than in the summer.:wave

Of course you are right.

One thing that changes the likelihood is how desirable is the riding location. For instance, if I only considered Colorado, I'm sure that the stats would be highly skewed by the fact that a lot of out of state riders come to Colorado because the riding is so good. And, a lot of those riders are interested in non-paved roads and twisty curvy roads which appeal to BMW riders.

Our experiences are subjective and so they aren't statistically valid, but I would still say the chances of seeing a BMW while on the road would be greater in Colorado than Illinois, home of the Tail of the Mouse(TM) which has 11 curves in 318 miles. :wave

I'm suggesting that you'll encounter more BMW M/C where MOA members live. It appears that you're suggesting a greater chance of seeing BMW MC's in the areas where their owners may vacation.

So, if you want to see tall, blue-eyed blondes, do you go to Sweden or the beach?

I think a key fact that has been raised is the average BMW owner probably puts on more miles than the average rider.

I'm suggesting that you'll encounter more BMW M/C where MOA members live. It appears that you're suggesting a greater chance of seeing BMW MC's in the areas where their owners may vacation.

So, if you want to see tall, blue-eyed blondes, do you go to Sweden or the beach?

I wish they all could be California girls! :wave

I think a key fact that has been raised is the average BMW owner probably puts on more miles than the average rider.

I think that is true.

There are a lot of motorcycles for sale that have been ridden a thousand miles a year or less.

I live in South Central Pennsyltuckey, and boy there are a LOT of bikes in general around here- and yeah, probably most of them are HDs (there's a Harley factory in York, PA) . Although I gotta say there is a pretty good mix of bikes, from dual sport to BMWs, to vintage and classic bikes of various types. Heck there are some many motorcycles on the roads around here that when I go anywhere else, I find myself thinking, "where the heck IS everyone?"

Back