• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Recall failure

Dann

There was a recall in 2014 on the fuel pump of my 07 RT.
They would either put a reinforcement ring on the pump quick connect (what they did on mine) or put a new pump.
Mine started leaking a few days ago from the ring they installed.

The bike is going back to the dealer tomorrow to get the pump replaced.
They better not try to charge me for the replacement

I'm I the only one that the ring failed?

Please reply with updates, as I just had to replace the FPC unit, and I suspect at a minimum they will be doing the ring repair on my 08 RT also. I am hoping that they will just put in a new fuel pump for me....

Had my 07RT fuel pump checked under the recall in 2014 and all was well they said. Started leaking from cracks in the top as I left for a trip this June and was replaced by dealer and I got to pay for it. Wasn't happy but didn't have time to argue.

Had my 07RT fuel pump checked under the recall in 2014 and all was well they said. Started leaking from cracks in the top as I left for a trip this June and was replaced by dealer and I got to pay for it. Wasn't happy but didn't have time to argue.

That's not good news.
If they put a "Band Aid" on the problem and it doesn't hold, I would expect them to replace the pump which should have been done in the first place.

I got an answer today.
BMW will replace the fuel pump.

I should have my bike back on Monday.

Back