• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Rally Poster - Yes or No?

One thing that I should point out - "America" can include both North and South America. The shown map is of CONUS (continental USA).

One thing that I should point out - "America" can include both North and South America. The shown map is of CONUS (continental USA).

This logo is an homage to the original MOA logo...

IMG_4662-X3.jpg

You are right! That I believe is a game changer for me not buying one when the Rally is often advertised as “international “. :uhoh

Last edited:

You are correct, but we wanted this logo to reflect not only elements from the /5 bikes but from the history of the club. The center "roundel" part of the rally logo comes directly from the very first logo of the BMW MOA.

Note the elongated slots on the tank badge? That was done so it could be used on either a /2 or /5 tank. I only know of two of these badges in existence. I have one, and the other is with the guy who broke the set he had to give me this one. It will go the the MOA Foundation Museum as that comes together.

Attachments

• MOA Original Logo.JPG
    MOA Original Logo.JPG
    205.1 KB · Views: 53
  • MOA Original Logo Patch.JPG
    MOA Original Logo Patch.JPG
    286.1 KB · Views: 51
You are right! That I believe is a game changer for me not buying one when the Rally is often advertised as “international “. :uhoh

That "International" reference has been used off and on in the past, but the Board made the decision to drop any reference to "International" over five years ago - might be much longer. We always get a good number of truly international riders each year, including many, many Canadians (like Americans but with better manors :D).

I like #6.
Besides the poster, I would like a sticker and/or a patch.

There will be stickers of this year's rally logo (just the logo - not like these posters), and I believe there is to be one in each of the rally goodie bags you get at Registration, or perhaps at the Welcome Center.

WOW ... Guess I missed that detail .... but guess it cold be added,

I think the point is that there have been a lot of changes in the club over the last 50 years. At that time, the BMW RA patch was identical in basic design, but said "RIDERS OF AMERICA".

You are correct, but we wanted this logo to reflect not only elements from the /5 bikes but from the history of the club. The center "roundel" part of the rally logo comes directly from the very first logo of the BMW MOA.

Note the elongated slots on the tank badge? That was done so it could be used on either a /2 or /5 tank. I only know of two of these badges in existence. I have one, and the other is with the guy who broke the set he had to give me this one. It will go the the MOA Foundation Museum as that comes together.

Screen%20Shot%202022-05-28%20at%207.23.19%20AM-L.png

Screen%20Shot%202022-05-28%20at%207.19.44%20AM.png

I like #6, with the rounded corners and general wording/layout. I also like the "art deco" font, maybe see how #6 looks with that font?

Yes, I will buy one, shipping is key on that for me.

Greg, How about the club making a request to BMW for a special dispensation to allow this one time exception to their no rondel rule?

#3 please.

I actually researched that idea when we were working on early rally planning, and that is just about impossible. Although I was verbally promised during the Intellectual Property Agreement contract negotiations in 2010 that there could be special provisions for using non-compliant (under the new agreement) *historical* logos or graphics, I was not able to find that in writing. I also contacted personally some of the people who were also involved in those negotiations, and some remembered it and some didn't. We all know how it goes if something is not in writing...

Back