• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Rally Poster - Yes or No?

Updated Images

I tallied the responses so:

#6 - 12 votes
#3 - 5 votes
#7 - 3 votes

All the others got one or none, so I've tossed out all but #6 and #3. There were 9 votes for rounded corners, so I offer these two new versions combining these votes: #8 is #6 with a rounded boarder line and the art deco font, and #9 is #3 with just the change to a rounded boarder line. So, what I would call a "traditional" header and footer text layout the most popular layout. I have included the original #3 and #6 so you can view them on one page. With the two original designs and the two new variations, you have every combination of boarder and font. On most screens if you adjust the web page width correctly you can get #3 and #9 side-by-side on one row, and #6 and #8 on a row below. The polls are open. Thanks to everyone for their input!

Attachments

• 3. Poster words logo Arial 3_2.jpg
    3. Poster words logo Arial 3_2.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 9. Poster words logo Arial round corners 3.jpg
    9. Poster words logo Arial round corners 3.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 60
  • 6. Poster words logo Arial round corners 3_2.jpg
    6. Poster words logo Arial round corners 3_2.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 8. Poster words logo Art Deco round corners 3.jpg
    8. Poster words logo Art Deco round corners 3.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 61
I tallied the responses so:

#6 - 12 votes
#3 - 5 votes
#7 - 3 votes

All the others got one or none, so I've tossed out all but #6 and #3. There were 9 votes for rounded corners, so I offer these two new versions combining these votes: #8 is #6 with a rounded boarder line and the art deco font, and #9 is #3 with just the change to a rounded boarder line. So, what I would call a "traditional" header and footer text layout the most popular layout. I have included the original #3 and #6 so you can view them on one page. With the two original designs and the two new variations, you have every combination of boarder and font. On most screens if you adjust the web page width correctly you can get #3 and #9 side-by-side on one row, and #6 and #8 on a row below. The polls are open. Thanks to everyone for their input!

#9 for me

As I have aged, my eyesight must be deteriorating.

I am obviously missing the obvious. What are the differences between #s 6 & 9? :dunno

As I have aged, my eyesight must be deteriorating.

I am obviously missing the obvious. What are the differences between #s 6 & 9? :dunno

There aren't any. Some people voted for #3 but wanted to see the rounded corners on the boarder, and others voted for #6 (which is #3 with rounded corners). Some wanted #6 with the art deco font. So, I made the requested mods to both #3 and #6 and posted them as pairs. I though that might be easier than trying to explain the "overlap", but you caught me. :laugh

The poster at the Billings Rally a few years ago was an ideal garage size poster (11x17ish), not too big; not too small.

IMG_20220528_173930911.jpg.

A tin sign that size or even a bit less would also be effective, but not overpowering (and possibly cost efficient).

Our options at this point ARE paper posters, either the typical large 24x36" size or the medium 18x24". Sticker money has been spent on stickers of the rally logo which should be included in your rally goodie bag, so there will be stickers but they will not look like the posters here. Tin signs, etc. are not cost effective for us nor is there time to have them produces. Not a bad idea - I like it - just no time. It is very hard to get things like that, and pins, etc. or to get them in a timely way. The supply chain issues you've heard about are real as we've experienced them for the rally. Thanks!

Just for fun I looked at options for having a custom metal sign made. I found two vendors that will take an uploaded image and print a "tin" (really aluminum) sign of a smallish size (5 in x 7 in or 5 in x 8 in) for prices ranging from $17.50 to $23.00. Shipping would cost extra. The vendors are:

https://www.collage.com/custom-phot...utm_campaign=B_SEM_NB_Prints_Beta&lc=YOURBOOK

https://www.vistaprint.com/signs-posters/metal-signs

I tried to use an upload of image #6 on a 5 x 7 aluminum sign with collage.com and the resultant price worked out to be $38. I did not finalize the order.

I’d prefer the smaller size of the two dimensions you quoted. It would be most likely more cost efficient for the club as well easier for Rally attendees to pack for the trip home.

Back