• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Radial Tires: 1992 K1100LT

tourunigo

My wife and I are soon taking off on a cross country Canadian tour. Everything set for the 8,000 km run but knew that I had to replace tires - likely in Vancouver (only about 1,000 km on current tires). Here's the thing though: my Michelin Pilot 110/80ZR 18 on the front is now discontinued (apparently) and the 150/70 17 Pilot on the rear may have the same fate. I like these tires very much but now... :banged The question is, if I cannot get what I currently have and want to stay with radial: What alternative would you suggest? One dealer said that they can get Bridgestone BT-45s but I have read some unfavorable reviews. Thanks for any suggestions. - Bob

I'm having no trouble finding PR3's. I just put a PR4GT on the front and another PR3 on the rear and after 1000 miles, the front doesn't show it.

The rumour about PR3's has been around since last year.

tires

find out what sizes fit your bike, then find out what brand model and years produced of motorcycles use the same size tire. I was doing a fly and ride from Los Angeles on a K1100LT when I started the front tire had about a nickels thickness of tread on it. When I got to Santa Fe it was completely bald. Called about 30 or 40 dealerships to find two tires, one in Colorado Springs and another in Oklahoma City. Very carefully rode the bike to OKC. Tread showing, they showed me tires in worse shape than mine they had replaced.

I'm having no trouble finding PR3's. I just put a PR4GT on the front and another PR3 on the rear and after 1000 miles, the front doesn't show it.

The rumour about PR3's has been around since last year.

Not doing well looking for a Pilot Road 3 110/80 ZR 18 (for the 1992 K1100LT) and rear PR4 (150/70 ZR 17) seems to be obtainable. Dealer in Victoria, BC says he can get Lasertec but not Michelin :scratch Didn't really want that but may not have many options. Said he could also get Bridgestone BT-45 but not really interested in those either. Anyone have any suggestions? We head out on the coast to coast journey in about one hour but will check back here periodically. Thanks for any of your insights:thumb - Bob

Back