• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R1200RT 2008 right cylinder doesnt get hot like it should

I had disconnected my battery after installing a new Garmin XT. All ready to go do a loop on a warm Nov. Day. Bike won't start, ugh. Troubl20240202_130006.jpge #1 Fuel Pump Controller proved to be faulty. Replaced it with OEM part from Bob's BMW and submitted 10% rebate to BMWMOA. Thanks for that quick note on follow up.

Trouble #2, I was able to coax the bike to run by holding the throttle open but it would not idle.
Called wise and sagacious riding friends with 911 tester who immediately came to help troubleshoot. Apparently right Cylinder was not firing properly. Using home-made test probes I was able to test all four coils to be in normal range of .7 to 1.2 Ohms. Swapped lower angle coils side for side then swapped Straight coils. RIGHT SIDE Cylinder still not getting warm. Confirmed no foreign debris (ratsnest) in airbox to right cylinder. Then heeded advice found in this forum to reset throttle sensors. IE; disco battery and reconnect. Turn key to on and fully open throttle 3 times. (Note - I saw a "set" lamp light and go out on left side dashboard)

Bike started as normal, restarted 2 hours later NTF.

Thanks for reading & RIDE AWARE

Back