• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

R1150R Brake line fitting size?

mikeseven

I plan to install barbacks on my 04 rockster. The controls wiring looks like it is long enough to move back with the bars, but the front brake line is not. I have the iABS model which has a short braided line from the right brake lever down to the frame beneath the tank. I will have my local brake guy make up a new line. Does anyone know the size of the right-angle banjo bolt fitting on each end (photo attached)? I can remove the old line to work it out but I was hoping to have the new parts made up before I pull everything apart (I hate messing with brake fluid). Thanks!

Front brake line.jpg

I'm not sure which barbacks you intend to use. My R1150R has barbacks/risers installed - an inch higher and 1/2 inch or so rearward. No changes to the lines from the brake or clutch master were required.

Mine is a non-ABS model and that might make a difference though.

You can call Spieglers and they will make the line however longer you need. Just had to tell them what model I had, if ABS , which line and how much to add to the stock length, what color, no problem.

Back