• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

PDM60 Location On A Loaded 2017 R1200RT

potterke

Hi all, I have a loaded 2017 R1200RT, and can't put the PDM-60 under the pillion seat in the center where everyone does. I have a sensor there that is bolted down. So, I can put it under the drivers seat, but don't want to use the switched power lead at the fuseblock location there because it stays live for about a minute or so. I'm looking for a instant on/instant off wire. I know I could use the tail light wire, but don't want to create two connections (tapping into wire and then connecting to the trigger wire of PDM60. The fewer connections the better, but if I have to I will, any suggestions?

Appreciate the ideas,

There's at least one thread in the Similar Threads pane below that mentions location for a PDM60...might be worth a look. Also, use google site-seach and see if there's more to look at. I just went to google and search for "site:forums.bmwmoa.org pdm60" and saw a number of hits.

This has always looked like a good way to pick up a trigger for a PDM-

phpfrEPYA-416x403.jpg

Not entirely sure if it fits your bike. More info here-

https://twistedthrottle.com/shop/el...s-some-bmw-ducati-triumph-canbus-motorcycles/

OM

This may not apply to your RT but I put my PDM 60 behind the rear side panel of my k bike and then just ran the wires under the seat to where they need to go for switched power etc.

Back