• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

passenger foot peg mount to frame

brant914

Hi and happy holidays...
another newbie question

I'm putting back together a 1971 R75/5
its early enough that many of the 1970 period items are on this bike:

- reflectors on the turn signals
- early wiring harness without fuses

so I want to put a pair of denfield rear pegs onto the bike
as I believe this would be correct for an early bike

Here is my question.
did the early /5 bikes have a "toothed" mount welded to the frame to accept the toothed bmw arm for passenger foot pegs

My frame does not have a toothed mount welded to the frame
and did not come to me with any of the extender mounting arms

Here are a few photos of my frame

Attachments

• b.jpg
    b.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 101
  • b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 102
these are not mine... just photos I found on the internet, showing the short mounting arm (I do not have) with the teeth that I assume mount to a matching set of teeth on some frames?

Bmw-Denfeld-Passenger-Foot-Peg-R65-R45-R60.jpgrear.jpg

I have three + a frame

I have an early '70, mid '70, '73 and a spare frame and none have the teeth for the rear pegs.

My '71 and '72 /5's have the passenger pegs mounted directly, while my '76 R90S uses the toothed extensions.

Back