• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New Member in Wisconsin Looking for Service Recommendation near Madison

RBliss

Hi All...It's nice to be back in 'MOA after a few years absence. I have a 1984 R100Rs Last Ed that, for health reasons, has spent the last several years in storage. Now I'm back to where I can ride again but need to have some basic maintenance done (tires, battery, blow out lines, clean carbs, etc). The problem is not one of the dealers that I contacted (for 350 miles) would agree to work on 'an antique' like that! I called a privateer shop who used to work on airheads and they who agreed to do the work if I would put down a sizable cash deposit in advance (far more than the work could conceivable cost). If anyone has any recommendations of a shop or mechanic who does good work in/around Madison (WI) it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum! Glad that you're back looking at being up on two wheels again!

Not sure where you called for help. This list is out there:

Wisconsin is a hot-bed of mileage contest slaves up there, so I would think you could find a sympathetic hand. Check the Anonymous book and look for like-minded people near you.

There's also a similar thread in the screen below from a few years ago.

If you mean I was in Central Florida that must be another guy. If you mean welcome from Central Florida...thankyou very much! BMW Riders are alway helpful so I'm sure it will get sorted. Safe riding!

Welcome back RBliss!. Good luck on your wrench search. Feel free to share a pic or two of the "antique".

Back