• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New member. Hello from Huntsville

erobae

Hello, my name is Eric. My wife/riding partner of 30 years is Melanie. I'm originally from Wisconsin, she from Colorado, but we have lived all over the place until finally settling in northern Alabama for the past 11 years.

Back in the day (early 90's) I rode a K100LT, then inherited a GL1800 Goldwing in '04 from my father-in-law so gave the LT to a friend. Loved both those bikes. Sold the 'Wing in 2018 and have been bike-less until last week when I ran across a very gently used and well maintained and kept '99 K1200LT at a price that I could not pass up. So we're back in the game!

A couple of things I want to do to the LT include 1) finding the best way to mount and power my iPhone which will be my GPS and primary audio device, and 2) removing the stock radio (it hasn't aged well) and either replacing it with something modern that I can also connect my iPhone to, or just ditching it altogether and reclaiming the top storage space. We have the Shoei/Sena radio/intercom helmets, so we will primarily using that for audio, but every once in a while I like to blast the speakers for some open-air sound.

If anyone has any recommendations along those lines, please let me know!

-Eric

Welcome, Eric! You and your partner come from some good riding country...but northern Alabama is no slouch! I'm sure if you spend some time on the forum you'll get some ideas while other owners also post new info. If you want to try some searching, using google's site search by typing "site:forums.bmwmoa.org xxx" where xxx are the usual terms you would use in a google search. Might be interesting! :wave

Welcome back into a BMW saddle Eric & Melanie!

Just sending an invitation to drop by The Nook on a Friday evening (6’ish). The BMWMOAL represents the state of Alabama as well as nearby state’s BMW riders. https://www.bmwmoal.org We’re MOA Club #5; we celebrated our 50th anniversary in October ’21 at the Lodge in Guntersville State Park.

We try to lead a Ride-2-Eat on the 2nd Saturday, like this one to Bessemer, AL in August & the famous Bright Star Restaurant.
Lunch-Bunch-13Aug.jpeg

Have fun on your “new-2-U” LT.

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil
USN-Ret'd —--&-— USAF-Ret’d

'09 F650GS-twin - '14 K-GT
'82 R100CS ——— '75 R90S
’08 CRF230L —--— ’09 KLX250S
'16 R1200RS —-— ’05 Vespa 200L
:beer

mailto: president@bmwmoal.org

Back