• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Member and first airhead bmw

Willkommen Reed10 with your new Vintage BMW!

You’re following in my footsteps - just 48 years after me! :nod I got my 1st BMW, a 75 R90S, as a young Airman stationed at Myrtle Beach AFB. :heh And unlike so many folks, I kept it and it’s still used for local jaunts here in North Alabama.

We just had to buy Mrs-HSV a red ’82 R100CS so she can be a fully qualified Vintage Biker when we moved south from the DMV. :thumb

Good luck owning & operating your newest BMW. I might suggest you add some LED lights (fore & aft) since these old BMWs had such marginal lighting. We added Skene lights to some of our vehicles. They’re easy to install, use few of your precious volts and they tend to catch the eyes of the many Distracted Drivers out there - which is a good thing.
>>> https://skenelights.com <<<

And since you’re so new, you’ve arrived in time to consider attending Barbers' Vintage Motorcycle Museum “Vintage Days Festival” in early October!
>>> https://www.barbermuseum.org/barber-vintage-festival/ <<<
And all y’all should note, as Ted Moyer has advised, BMW Motorrad is sponsoring an Oktoberfest atmosphere in The Fan Zone in honor of BMW’s 100th Anniversary. :drink

Happy Travels whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen
USAF-Ret'd — & — USN-Ret’d

'75 R90S ————— '82 R100CS
’09 KLX250S ——— ’08 CRF230L
'14 K-GT ————— '16 R1200RS
’05 Vespa 200L
:beer

Welcome Reed10! Hope you are enjoying the airhead. I concur with skibum69's sentiments above, specifically, as they relate to pictures.

Back