• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New BMW Riding Gear

ultracyclist said:
Enjine-
What specific BMW Riding Pants did you buy? The "cover' pants are no longer in production.

ultracyclist

I got these: http://www.sierrabmw.bigstep.com/item.html;$sessionid$VMXBMXAAAAN3FTZENUGXBMWPERWRJPX0?UCIDs=820323%7C1287226&PRID=1086620

Checked two dealers and ended up buying them at bmw of manhattan cause i was taking a trip this weekend.

i figured when i was riding that i bought so much stuff over the winter that after i take my cross-country this summer, i'd post a review of how it went over, piece by piece. it's really interesting noticing the temperment of these things while they do it--and while they're still new to you.

anyway, the pants worked out great-
even carried a really dirty table up to the deck after arriving, messing them all up, tossing them in the washer, hang-drying, and coming out good-as-new

Beware of Dated BMW Gear

Hello all,

Just a quick reminder; Now that BMW is coming out with new gear, watch out for the dealers that continue to sell the last generation gear at full price without putting the new gear out.
I bought a BMW (Widder) vest a few years ago from a local BMW multi-franchise dealer and then found out it was the last generation and would not work with my new generation gloves. It took a lot of heated "discussion" to get them to refund my money. Once I told them it was OLD stuff, they suddenly remembered that the new gear was still in the stockroom and they would get me a new one if I wanted.... Hmmmm, sounds fishy doesn't it?
Anyhow, have fun and ride safe.... Jeff :usa

Hey, that reminds me...

Did the BMW-branded heated gear manufactured by Widder use the same Widder-type electrical connectors?

I am in need of a female connector, which is $1.30 on the Widder website, plus a whopping $9.75 in shipping and handling. My question is actually whether I can purchase one of these connectors at my local BMW dealer (hopefully for less than $11.05...)

JeffPopa said:
Hello all,

Just a quick reminder; Now that BMW is coming out with new gear, watch out for the dealers that continue to sell the last generation gear at full price without putting the new gear out.
I bought a BMW (Widder) vest a few years ago from a local BMW multi-franchise dealer and then found out it was the last generation and would not work with my new generation gloves. It took a lot of heated "discussion" to get them to refund my money. Once I told them it was OLD stuff, they suddenly remembered that the new gear was still in the stockroom and they would get me a new one if I wanted.... Hmmmm, sounds fishy doesn't it?
Anyhow, have fun and ride safe.... Jeff :usa

What BMW (Widder) vest EVER worked with heated gloves? Do you mean they changed connectors so you couldn't easily make a tee connection or what?

soffiler said:
Hey, that reminds me...

Did the BMW-branded heated gear manufactured by Widder use the same Widder-type electrical connectors?

I am in need of a female connector, which is $1.30 on the Widder website, plus a whopping $9.75 in shipping and handling. My question is actually whether I can purchase one of these connectors at my local BMW dealer (hopefully for less than $11.05...)

Do you mean that two pin connector with the pins about 1 inch apart? I bought ten of each sex so as to make the shipping not so bad. I should have a few left. I guess I could send you one in USPS with two stamps. Want one? BTW, BMW sells the entire cord/switch/female assembly 99 99 0 005 598 for $28.00.
PM me.

cjack said:
Do you mean that two pin connector with the pins about 1 inch apart? I bought ten of each sex so as to make the shipping not so bad. I should have a few left. I guess I could send you one in USPS with two stamps. Want one? BTW, BMW sells the entire cord/switch/female assembly 99 99 0 005 598 for $28.00.
PM me.

PM sent. Here's the pic:

Attachments

• widder_F.jpg
    widder_F.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 328
Back