• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Neotech2 fit in BMW panniers?

Toruk

New 2023 R1250 RS with factory panniers. Has anybody managed to fit a Shoei Neotech2 inside? I can get my RF-1200 in. I am very disappointed that I purchased a new premium helmet and can not lock it up.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20230720_091901.jpg
    20230720_091901.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 3,818
You could add the BMW 30 liter top box. Not cheap for the BMW rack and top box.

I use a bicycle combination locks on each of my bikes. I loop through the right grab handle, pass the cable through the helmet, place the locking mechanism inside the helmet and almost fully shut the visor. The helmet is placed either on the seat or the right pannier. This accomplishes two things; keeps the helmet from hitting the ground if a passerby should accidentally bump it off the bike and it keeps a honest person honest. This method also keeps the helmet dry from rain. :thumb

Since the locks are always left on the bikes, the cables come with a plastic covering. As well, I use a piece of clear plastic hose to cover the locking mechanism when not in use. These two features prevent the lock from damaging the bike’s paint. Although this method has kept my helmets secure from theft for the last fifteen years (or longer),it will not save the helmet from someone who travels with bolt cutters but in my extensive travels, that individual has never been encountered. :)

In all of our travels Voni and I have had exactly one thing stolen from our bikes. Sometime about 25 years ago we stopped at a Walmart in Jonesboro, Arkansas. When we came out my drink bottle was missing from a side pocket of my tank bag. There had been a bunch of kids riding their banana seat bicycles stunting in the parking lot when we went in the store. I suspect one of them "found" a water bottle. So I went back into the store and replaced it with a new one that cost $1.19, tax included.

In some places I do lock my helmet and jacket to the bike with a padlock and cable. In other places I don't bother. It depends on the vibe.

Sometimes you can't win. Voni and I were somewhere in small town Oklahoma, sitting in a restaurant, eating breakfast, when a Deputy Sheriff and a State Trooper came in. Seeing us in our riding gear the Deputy came over and asked if those were our motorcycles in the parking lot. I said yes. He said one of them was making a funny noise. I went out to investigate. The trooper's car was parked next to our bikes and my radar detector was screaming like I had seldom heard it before. I turned it off. When I went back in the restaurant both of the LEOs had big grins on their faces.

Thanks everyone. Looks like it will not fit any way or any how! I will make up a cable as suggested to keep the honest people honest.

Back