• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Owner 2023 R1250R

smswy

R1250R Fans, I'd communicated via email with the management at my local dealer regarding a 2023 Triple Black R1250R they had. Rode my "top heavy" F850 GSA into the dealership yesterday after an excursion in the area I live. For the record, I like this bike for camping and manageable off-road adventures, so I am not selling it or trading-in. The dealer had a new 2022 R1250R I test rode because the 2023 was still crated. I'd never ridden a BMW boxer engine bike and wow, what a difference a lower center of gravity and smaller front tire makes, even though the weight is effectively the same as the 2022 F850 GSA. I fell in love, mechanically and lean angle-wise, so to speak. Bought it and they'll have it set up late Wednesday.

OK, this thread is just not about gloating and gushing. I will want to ride this bike on 1-3 day trips. As such I will want to take 1-2 changes of underwear, socks and T-shirts and toiletries. I'm doing some searches and am having trouble finding options for rear racks or smallish pannier bags to bring the stuff. BMW shows some cream colored small "Urban" panniers, but they do not reference side racks for them.

Anybody have advice on products? Thank You X 3

Congratulations on your new purchase, I've been riding R1200R since 2011. I had mine fitted with factory side bags, and no top box. Check out SHADUSA at Revzilla you might find something there. I have a SHAD expanding top box on my 1250RT and really like it. For single overnights or couple day trips I can get everything I need in a tank bag. Good luck with your search, post photos.

Congratulations and enjoy! I sometimes got good info from someone at the dealership parts department. They order accessories for purchasers all the time and could probably tell you what will work for you. In the meantime, since you're only taking a few small items with you on these short trips, a backpack should suffice until you figure something out.

I'm doing some searches and am having trouble finding options for rear racks or smallish pannier bags to bring the stuff. BMW shows some cream colored small "Urban" panniers, but they do not reference side racks for them.

Anybody have advice on products? Thank You X 3

Congrats on the new bike.
I would have the dealer install the OEM rear rack.
Does the bike in the crate have the side bag mounts?
Do you want soft side bags or hard?
Did the dealer tell you the bike in the crate does not have ESA?

I like the over-the-rear-seat bags from Saddlemen.
When I get somewhere, I unfasten them and am in the hotel before my riding companions dig their stuff out of their cases.
I have two - a small one for short trips and a larger one for longer excursions.
My two cents worth.

Back