• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Motorcycle shipping

centralwisrt

CentralWisR1200RT
Wondering if anyone has experience shipping motorcycles? I am planning a train trip from central Wisconsin to Portland, OR in a few weeks to drop my daughter at her aunt's for a visit, then was hoping to ride back to the Midwest from Portland. I would greatly appreciate your experiences and any suggestions for specific companies that ship motorcycles.

Thanks!

Tim

That issue has been dealt with quite a bit here, but unfortunately, I can't find the threads by doing a simple search (I don't have the time nor inclination to learn the specifics of this Forums search criteria - not when I could be riding instead), and there are only hugh vague categories so, without being good at searching this Forum, I can't quickly put my fingers on it.

I have used Federal Motorcycle Transport in the past and been quite happy with them. You ccan find them on the "Members Discounts" page of the MOA website:
http://www.bmwmoa.org/general/custom.asp?page=memberdiscounts

Their Quick Quote will give you the pricing right online:
http://www.funtransport.com/quick-quote/

Check out some of the links in the Similar Threads pane at the bottom of the screen! :thumb

Sure Kurt, point out that I'm continually lost even when things are right in front of me (I guess that would be right below me). ;-)

Sure Kurt, point out that I'm continually lost even when things are right in front of me (I guess that would be right below me). ;-)

I hope to be pardoned in this situation as I was writing my post a fraction after you were! :wave Sometimes the Similar Thread pane is spot on with additional content...sometimes, not so much!

Thanks all!

I appreciate your responses and the info, thanks! Now, I will have to see if I can make the budget work...

Back