• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

08 k1200s clutch bleed

k1200sbeast

Hello everyone fellow BMW motorcycle owners I am proud to be one now myself. Hate to start out after my joining this wonderful group asking a silly question but I am stumped I followed the factory guidelines and bulletin about bleeding the clutch through the bleeder screw on my 08 k1200s drop the bike a few weeks ago and broke the clutch line at the slave cylinder. I have replaced the line with an aftermarket line I think is going to suffice due to lack of funds to get the OEM part which I would have preferred. At any rate I have replaced the line and follow the bleed line instructions as per factory I will try to attach it going through the bleeder screw using a syringe pushing the fluid back feeling it until the reservoir is full I have struck the reservoir out about four or five times and still feel the reservoir still no clutch lever all spongy not any kind of pressure made sure I had to travel right on the clutch lever it's getting enough free travel and it's I assume pushing the rod all the way in any suggestions.? I thought I was good when I saw fluid in the reservoir of the first time but I have pulled the fluid out and pushed more in and filled the reservoir again three or four times. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it...

Welcome to the forum! I notice you have what appears to be a link to a google drive. Is there something you want us to see there? I can't seem to get that URL to work for me.

Look for a very small bleeder valve up on the clutch master cylinder. It’s not unusual to have to bleed the master if it has been completely drained. Also, make sure you are using the correct fluid for the clutch as at some point BMW switched from brake fluid to mineral oil and the two are completely incompatible. Your owners manual should clarify that or it may be listed on the reservoir cover.

Best,
DeVern

Hello everyone fellow BMW motorcycle owners I am proud to be one now myself. Hate to start out after my joining this wonderful group asking a silly question but I am stumped I followed the factory guidelines and bulletin about bleeding the clutch through the bleeder screw on my 08 k1200s drop the bike a few weeks ago and broke the clutch line at the slave cylinder. I have replaced the line with an aftermarket line I think is going to suffice due to lack of funds to get the OEM part which I would have preferred. At any rate I have replaced the line and follow the bleed line instructions as per factory I will try to attach it going through the bleeder screw using a syringe pushing the fluid back feeling it until the reservoir is full I have struck the reservoir out about four or five times and still feel the reservoir still no clutch lever all spongy not any kind of pressure made sure I had to travel right on the clutch lever it's getting enough free travel and it's I assume pushing the rod all the way in any suggestions.? I thought I was good when I saw fluid in the reservoir of the first time but I have pulled the fluid out and pushed more in and filled the reservoir again three or four times. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it...
I realized what I had done posting that from my drive on my phone accidentally but I did not know how to remove it I was just desperate to see if I was missing something or if someone had a similar situation after replacing hydraulic clutch line.

Back