• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Morning Reads: 19 November 2007

mika

Still Wondering
TodayÔÇÖs Birthdays / Calendar

birthday.gif

motojournal.blogspot.com
BMW Superbike: LATEST NEWS

BMW in the News

PS_0712.jpg

TED: Ideas worth spreading
TED Blog,Conferences, Themes, Talks and Speakers

BMW AG: Share price performance

BMW Press: News and press releases from the official BMW sources

BMW Sauber F1: Website

BMW Motorsport

BMW Yachtsport

BMW Golfsport

BMW Oracle Racing

BMW Sport website

News:

20071115085122MY08_1098R_lr_400.jpg

wheels24.co.za
Ducati gets racy

pepper.jpg

cyrilhuzeblog.com
Pepper Massey new director of the Sturgis Rally.

mutrwindturbine.jpg

geekdad.com
Cool wind turbine kits from KidWind Project

motorsportsblog.com
Italy conquers 2007 Six Day event to take World Trophy

Cage World

blogf1.com
Formula One performance on the road: Is it possible?

cobra_design_main01.jpg

autopsies.com
Racer X develops a modern AC Cobra supercar

reuters.com
Auto sales could hit 15-year low

Packer News

jsonline.com
Packers Plus Online

photo3.jpg

photo17.jpg

photo42.jpg

Rumors:

motorcyclenews.com
Subaru Sportsbike

Blog Update

Foreign Language Blogs

Gear:

webbikeworld.com
Motorcycle Helmet Visor Anti-Fog Comparison

Over Heard in New York | Voice of the City

Photography / Video:

dps.com
10 Ways to add variety to your photography

Links to the Photo Assignment threads:

11/17/2007: Triangle

11/10/2007: Harmony

11/03/2007: Pure & Simple

10/27/2007: Open Wide

10/19/2007: Shadow of a Doubt

10/13/2007: Group Dynamic

10/06/2007: Blue

09/29/2007: Evolution

09/22/2007: Balance

09/15/2007: Where I Want to Be

09/08/2007: A Long Way to Go

M.R. Traveler

US Forest Service Fall Color Hotline

na.fs.fed.us
Why Leaves Change Color?

If you want the latest leaf color reports ...

NY 800-225-5697
VT 800-837-6668
MA 800-227-6277
ME 800-777-0317
RI 401-222-2601
CT 800-282-6863

The Best Fall Foliage Sites in America

TodayÔÇÖs RoadFood.com

chicagotribune.com
Owners hope Deep SouthÔÇÖs last brewery can rise again

gadling.com
German food does go beyond schnitzel

Woot

Todays Woot

The Blog

xkcd A webcomic of Romance, Sarcasm, Math and Language

Sluggy Freelance

Bike Candy:

222958511-L.jpg

nov1964-ducati1.jpg

nov1964-ducati2.jpg

nov1964-ducati3.jpg

nov1964-ducati4.jpg

Brochure Link

THE END

A New Thumper

Durante.jpg

Everyone Wants To Get Into The Act

Subaru Sportsbike

By Ben Purvis

New bikes

18 November 2007 15:00

This new single-cylinder sportsbike features a Subaru-badged engine and could be on sale next year at a bargain price.

The engine for the HS500sa comes directly from Fuji Heavy Industries, the parent company of Subaru. ItÔÇÖs a 499cc, water-cooled, DOHC single, originally developed to be used in quad bikes and used by Polaris. The motor is notable for its lightweight design ÔÇô it tips the scales at 43kg ÔÇô and its ability to meet American and European emissions restrictions, a vital part of SasakiÔÇÖs plan as he intends to sell the machine worldwide.

With 50bhp at 8000rpm, the motor is on a par with engines from more familiar manufacturers, and its 33lbft of torque, peaking at 7000rpm, should be enough to give the lightweight HS500sa decent acceleration.

The bikeÔÇÖs chassis is built in China to keep costs down. Like most of the latest Japanese sportsbikes, itÔÇÖs made from cast aluminium ÔÇô although the hefty-looking frame rails look over-engineered for a 50bhp single. The swingarm is also cast aluminium, and heavily braced ÔÇô giving the look of a much more powerful bike.

I was there. My season ticket seats are about 2 rows above where this guy ran in.
photo17.jpg

That runback play looked like it took forever. The initial takeaway of what we originally thought was a blocked field goal occurred at the north end zone. We're at the south.

The first few seconds we were all wondering "Why didn't any whistles blow?"

Then we saw #38 running right toward us down the sideline and it looked like he was really getting winded toward the end. Obviously Lambeau absolutely went berserk. That pretty much set the tone for the rest of the game.

Even at the humiliating defeat by the Bears earlier this year, Lambeau seems more energized this year than ever before. I can say that because my Dad had the same seats for years and years. The Stadium even has more energy than back in '96 when they went to the Super Bowl.

They're playing more music between plays, They have a DJ on the field, they even have their own drum corps called The Tundra Line.

It sure beats the old days when they had that cheesy (pun intended) polka band down in our corner of the field.

The lasting image I have of football in the Old Northwest was a Superbowl played someplace in Michigan. There was an ice storm and the only sure way to get to the stadium was on a snowmobile.

:)
The lasting image I have of football in the Old Northwest was a Superbowl played someplace in Michigan. There was an ice storm and the only sure way to get to the stadium was on a snowmobile.

Paul -

That was Superbowl XVI, held in Pontiac Michigan during a blizzard. The Secret Service shut the highways down so that President Bush could get to the game. The traffic jam was legendary. I think it's widely regarded as the worst Superbowl ever (for spectators - I think the game was pretty good).

Detroit hosted Superbowl XL in 2006. People seemed to have a much better experience this time. No snowmobiles this time, but that might just be the global warming taking effect . . .

Brad

Back