• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

MOAL 2nd Sat R-2-E, 12-August

HSVPhil

AlaBeemer_Prez
P&K did their test ride for the AlaBeemer’s August Second Saturday Ride2Eat. For us northerners, it’ll be a 2.5 hour ride-2-eat to Jacksonville, AL @ Cooter Brown’s Rib Shack << https://www.cootersribs.com >> We enjoyed the meaty dry-rubbed ribs & the pulled pork sandwich, and the ambiance too, so we’re going back with some friends.

On our way north, P&K stopped at the Back Forty Brewery to get Phil’s "North Alabama Craft Beer Trail Passport" stamped. Good Beer was ‘sampled’ in some 5 oz glasses; they also offer luncheon kitchen delights. Additionally they’ll soon open a full-service Brewery & Restaurant in Huntsville (October they hope). So we enjoyed our lunch and a look ahead to our next Second Saturday gathering for terrific BBQ on AUG 12th, ~1100.

Hope to see more club riders/drivers And MOA Visitors at Cooter Browns in Calhoun County; addr: 8464 AL Hwy-204. I hope my group can get there about when they open @1100, but ya never can tell when leading a gaggle of Vintage Bikers around many poorly maintained secondary roads. Our GPX Waypoint file is attached for your review.

Cheers! Phil & Karen

View attachment MOAL-AUG23-R2E-v2.GPX

Cooter's.jpeg

Just sayin, we had 16 attendees for a terrific MOAL lunch today at Cooter Brown’s Rib Shack.

My six HSV riders meandered south on all sorts of AL backroads with a very brief “pit stop” in Rainbow City. We almost arrived On Time! Everyone indicated that they enjoyed their food! I know I enjoyed my six dry-rubbed bbq ribs and collard greens & 3 hush puppies (Ate all of it)! The service was a tad bit slow (one young man doing his duty out on the screened-in patio was on his second week of service - he could’ve been a student at nearby Jacksonville State University). Attendees were: P&K, Pam & Tom, Mike McCorstin, Mike Marshall, Mike Shelton, Alan Nicholson, Russ Rutledge, Jack Goertz, Kay/Vernon/Carolyn, David Hogg, Paul Thorn, and Tim Flynn.

We’re most probably headed to ‘Top of the Rock’ on 9/9/23 {just north of Kimball, TN - not too deep into Tenn} [ but I intend to check it out first {although it was highly recommended by Jim...} ].
<< https://topoftherockbrewery.com/ >>

Just get out there and enjoy your access to 2-wheeled BMW ADVentures!

A substantial group of BMWs in the parking lot on a hazy/hot/humid Alabama Saturday.
Cooters-Viewpoint.jpeg

Some of the attendees are actually paying attention....
Long-View.jpeg

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen
USAF-Ret'd — & — USN-Ret’d

'75 R90S ————— '82 R100CS
’09 KLX250S ——— ’08 CRF230L
'14 K-GT ————— '16 R1200RS
’05 Vespa 200L
:beer

Back