• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

MOAL 2nd Sat Ride-2-Eat, 13Apr24

HSVPhil

AlaBeemer_Prez
For April’s 2nd Saturday BMWMOAL Ride-2-Eat on the 13th, we’ll again visit Top of the Rock in Jasper Highlands, TN [because my previous choice ‘Old Delina Country Store’ is closed {until further notice}]. Karen & Phil will leave from the Vintage bikers’ breakfast at the Blue Plate Cafe at 3210 Governors Drive SW in Huntsville ~0830. Show up with enough gas to ride 110 miles before refueling if you’re riding along with us. My Garmin route from HSV is attached below for your study - or just meet us at TOTR @1100 {copy & rename file from .pdf to .gpx}. >> https://topoftherockbrewery.com/ <<

We rode a similar route with some enthusiastic riders last September. I had to recreate it from my memory. It’s a semi-challenging X-country ride along mostly two-lane county roads. Intend to depart HSV about 0830 and arrive at this unique mountaintop restaurant & brewery around 1100. You can get there to join us by any suitable conveyance possible and enjoy some excellent views and delicious bar food on the back porch overlooking the Tennessee River. Eight enthusiasts joined us in Sept ‘23, but then we had 19 folks visit the Irish pub in Gadsden on a cold day in January! I never know what or who to expect, but come join the fun in April and enjoy some MOAL camaraderie.
My cell ist [301] 503-7472 with questions.

Hasta la vista! HSV-Phil
aka:
president@bmwmoal.org

Attachments

• Tenn-vw-Top-of-Rock.jpeg
    Tenn-vw-Top-of-Rock.jpeg
    235.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Xtra-R2E-April-2024.pdf
    175.7 KB · Views: 1
Jus Sayin - the BMW MOAL had ten folks for lunch today in Jasper Highlands, TN - four rode up from Rocket City. T'was a terrific X-country ride for those who followed my route. I counted 15 very sharp turns on the switchbacks along Jackson County Hwy-39 coming down from the plateau above the Tennessee River. T'was a cool 47F on the way to breakfast; eventually a comfortable 77F in the PM's ride home from Tennessee. Gonna do something very similar at the end of April; it'll be time for Mdm Airmarshall's Airhead R-2-E to the National Cornbread Festival in South Pittsburg, TN on 27April.(y)

Our group seemed to enjoy their selected lunches from the varied weekend menu. Personally, I had the chicken fried chicken brunch entree which was an upscale breakfast selection. Others enjoyed beer-battered fish n'chips or perhaps the cheesy shrimp n'grits plate.
Good Luck on all YOUR Rides to Eat.
Ciao, HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen
We'll see ya in Oregon in June {but first we're off to Europe}...
Keep the rubber side down!

Our back porch table enjoying lunch.
IMG_0428.jpeg

IMG_0426.jpegIMG_1069.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0428.jpeg
    IMG_0428.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
Back