• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

MOA Rally - Mecca/GOAT?

bigjohnsd

'21 R1250 GS Adv
In the May 2024 issue of our BMW MOA Owners News that awaited me at home today, Reece Mullins opined that our MOA Rally may be the "Mecca" or "GOAT" of motorcycle rallies. He lists some compelling reasons why this might be so.

Reece, I've only attended one MOA Rally, Great Falls, but have lived through thirty Sturgis Motorcycle rallies, all I can say is there is no comparison.

There is no doubt that Sturgis is both the Mecca and the GOAT when it comes to motorcycle rallies. The MOA Rally may well be the Mecca and GOAT of BMW Rallies but pales in comparison to Sturgis - simple numbers 500,000+ for Sturgis versus 5,000 for our MOA rally would seem to settle the matter.

See you in Redmond!

In the May 2024 issue of our BMW MOA Owners News that awaited me at home today, Reece Mullins opined that our MOA Rally may be the "Mecca" or "GOAT" of motorcycle rallies. He lists some compelling reasons why this might be so.

Reece, I've only attended one MOA Rally, Great Falls, but have lived through thirty Sturgis Motorcycle rallies, all I can say is there is no comparison.

There is no doubt that Sturgis is both the Mecca and the GOAT when it comes to motorcycle rallies. The MOA Rally may well be the Mecca and GOAT of BMW Rallies but pales in comparison to Sturgis - simple numbers 500,000+ for Sturgis versus 5,000 for our MOA rally would seem to settle the matter.

See you in Redmond!
I guess it really depends on what your expectations are for a "rally" I have attended dozens of Americade rallies, all the Honda Hoot rallies, 13 MOA Nationals, one Sturgis, Daytona Bike week 3 times, 3 of the old Rider Magazine Rider Rallies, 2 RA Rallies and a few small BMW gatherings of about 100 riders, All were good but I really enjoy the BMW Nationals and smaller events better. Americade was great in its heyday but it is shrinking but still fun. I an not a fan of Sturgis or Bike Week type events but really prefer the smaller rallies and the vendors at the MOA Nationals are far better than most any other Rally with quality gear and quality accessories. Americade used to be like that with everything you could think of for a Luxo Tourer but those days are in the past.

Back