• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Metzler Roadtec Z6

B

bkwags

I have a question on Metzler tire coding. My tire shop has two varieties of the Roadtec Z6. One has a "C" inside a square on the side wall and the other has nothing. Anyone know what is the difference in the two tire models, besides $20 and 2 pounds? The shop had a very vague and questionable answer to my question.

My bike is a 2005, R1200RT. The front tire is good and I want to match it. When this set is done, I will probably change to a dual compound material version. There are not very many curves here in central WI and the bottoms wear out much faster than the sidewalls. But for now I would like to stay with the Metzlers.

Thanks
BKWags

The "C" on the Metzeler Z6 indicates that it's the "heavy duty" version meant for heavy bikes and/or heavily loaded bikes. New Metzeler-equipped RT's from the factory come with the "C" rear tire, so I suppose you could say that that's BMW's recommendation.

I believe the "C" spec tire for the RT rear, and GT front, has an extra ply. The "K" spec rear (for a K1200GT) additionally has an extra belt. The rubber compound, tread design and depth, are the same.

Back