• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

M1000XR

blast54

Just found out there is a MXR due to be released in the second quarter of 2024.
Does anyone have insight as to when they will arrive?

I had a deposit on one, but changed my mind before I got a delivery date. I have heard from a bloke in Belgium that his is expected around June or so. Another guy in CA was told "end of summer" for US deliveries. Not sure that's worth much, but that's what I have heard so far.

Have a deposit at two separate dealers . One told me my XR is set for production but no ETA.. once I have a vin I’ll believe it

Just an FYI: A friend of mine near Asheville switched from the M version to S version because the M version has no bag mounts and only comes with carbon fiber wheels; those were no-gos for him. I saw his S version at Eurosport last week; it's ready for pickup now.

Just an FYI: A friend of mine near Asheville switched from the M version to S version because the M version has no bag mounts and only comes with carbon fiber wheels; those were no-gos for him. I saw his S version at Eurosport last week; it's ready for pickup now.
Latest info says the MXR will be shipping within the next couple of weeks. Jerry, thanks for the suggestion but it is the beauty of the M that makes it desireble for me. I have a SXR with 60K on it along with a RTW with 80K. Love them both but the MXR is just a work of art.

Latest info says the MXR will be shipping within the next couple of weeks. Jerry, thanks for the suggestion but it is the beauty of the M that makes it desireble for me. I have a SXR with 60K on it along with a RTW with 80K. Love them both but the MXR is just a work of art.
I didn't mean it as a suggestion; just an FYI. Even if I'm not drawn to want one, I look forward to seeing one. 👍

I'd love to see one but doubt a unit like that would be on the dealer floor for long, if at all. I really like my Gen 1's, but would never give up my Gen 2. Aw hell, lov'em all!
scott3bikes.jpg

For a moment there, I thought you were Scott R. Up until recently, he kept a red RT, red XR and blue/white F850GSA in an Asheville storage unit. He has since moved them to a house there. My own stable is same number, but physically smaller (on purpose)...

GS, XR, & RR 2021.jpg

My Little Giant (GS) looks markedly different after 24,686 miles of BDRs and the Trans America Trail. The pic below is on the TAT near Wyoming Peak in the Wyoming Range in, you guessed it, Wyoming:

G310GS in Wild Flower Valley.jpg

It does look better dirty, but then I don't hate dirty. I hate when she's clean. Clean means I'm keeping her from her element. I hate doing that unless I'm working on her. She's clean now - her fork tubes are at Andreani for installation of their Misano Evo cartridges. As soon as those are back, I'll install Rally Raid's Level 2 shock and a handful of other upgrades and fixes - all prep for the coming season.

Really wish they would put the bag mounts on the M version. I'd upgrade in a heartbeat if they did, love the looks, well, why not have a few more ponies, right? But no cases is a "hard no" for me. If I'm going to give up the cases, I might as well go to a full on crotch rocket, the thing I love about the XR is that it's built for long rides, but a lot of that utility is because I can carry stuff with me (clothes, tools in case something breaks, some food and drinks/etc). I'm not going back to wearing a backpack. The top case is ugly on the XR (IMHO) but it's SO useful, just can't see myself ever owning another bike without one unless it's a track toy or short range rocket.

Latest info says the MXR will be shipping within the next couple of weeks.
Actually, you info is a couple years out of date: I already have an MXR. I've had it since September 26th, 2020, when I took delivery on my 2021 Light White Non-Metallic/Racing Blue Metallic/Racing Red Non-Metallic S1000XR Motorsport. To prove my claim, attached is the original ad by Motorcycles of Charlotte, a picture from when I took delivery, and a picture with her proper M-Badges installed. In any event, the ad is real, so that's my story and I'm sticking to it. 😇

1000003458.png1000003459.pngIMG_20200926_145131.jpg

PXL_20210505_114716685.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20210505_114716685.jpg
    PXL_20210505_114716685.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
That’s not the MXR. That’s a S1000XR with a carbon package. Different engine, frame, wheels and electronics

I'm only claiming that I have a "2021 S1000 XR Motorsport" because, as I said above, "the ad is real, so that's my story and I'm sticking to it. 😇"

Really wish they would put the bag mounts on the M version.
The rear trim piece on the XR that has the upper bag mounts appears to be the same shape as the one on the MXR
I don't know about the lower mounting point.

Back