• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Looking for sargent seat to try out or any seat..

fallguy

Hello, I placed an order with Sargent because I wanted to try an aftermarket seat to see if it makes that big of a difference on my 2014 RT. I received an email this morning saying it will be 2-3 weeks before shipment.. So I cancelled my order. I didn't see the information in the inconspicuous lower Rh of the checkout page saying it was 2 week lead time.. no where when your looking at the seats does it say "its a 2 week lead time". So I take part of the blame. I thought they were an off the shelf seat. It would be nice if someone had a rental loaner test seat to see what you like. Just my thoughts..

I wanted to do a BMS seat but I need to wait to winter so I can send out my seat pan. That's really the only thing that stinks on custom seats is spending 600+ dollars and not having a seat to use. I just like the Sargent seat because I get to keep my stock seat encase I ever sell/trade the bike.

I guess I'm just frustrated at this point and needed to vent a little.. I'm honestly considering trading my RT for a K1600 GT or GTL just because I hate this factory seat so much.. and getting a better one is just as big pain in the A$$..

Thoughts or suggestions welcome at this point.. I guess I'll just have to wait..

Last edited:
Patience is the key. A Russel Day Long will give you an idea what a real "wait time" is. :)
Please remember that the "want to buy" and "want to sell" is regulated to the Marketplace. This keeps the forum from looking like the bulletin board at the supermarket checkout.
There are lots of choices for seats, perhaps someone in your area (BTW, where are you?) can help you out with one you can test "sit".
Another good option is using an AirHawk.....They are quite effective.
Gary

Corbin seat

I have a Corbin seat with heat for a 2014 or 2015 RT for sale. No damage of any kind. Has been on the bike for only a couple thousanf miles. Asking $500.00 with no waiting. If interested, I have photos available.

I have a Corbin seat with heat for a 2014 or 2015 RT for sale. No damage of any kind. Has been on the bike for only a couple thousanf miles. Asking $500.00 with no waiting. If interested, I have photos available.

Really?

Please remember that the "want to buy" and "want to sell" is regulated to the Marketplace. This keeps the forum from looking like the bulletin board at the supermarket checkout.

Gary

Sargent Seat on my 2015 RT....is Excellent!

+1 for Sargent on my 2015 RT....very comfortable and highly recommend it. :)

+1 for Sargent on my 2015 RT....very comfortable and highly recommend it. :)

+1 as well! Put a Sargent on my R1200RT and was the most comfortable 70k miles ever. :thumb

Be patient and just wait for another Sargent. I know more than one K1600 owner who has already chased down an after-market seat for that bike as well.

BMW just can't seem to get their 'OEM seat house' in order. :banghead

Tried them all

Almost! Seat concepts, too soft, Corbin, too tall, Sergeants just right, for me :) Nicely build and large flat area that works for my tender old butt!

Patience is the key. A Russel Day Long will give you an idea what a real "wait time" is. :)
There are lots of choices for seats, perhaps someone in your area (BTW, where are you?) can help you out with one you can test "sit".
Another good option is using an AirHawk.....They are quite effective.
Gary

Look up a Seth Laam seat.

Stock RT was a torture device for me, a half hour was about all I could stand. Suck it up and wait 2 weeks for the Sargent. You'll be gold you did.

seat

Stock RT was a torture device for me, a half hour was about all I could stand. Suck it up and wait 2 weeks for the Sargent. You'll be gold you did.
the seat on my 2013 RT was the worst. I just bought a 2016 and it's OK but I'm definitely going to upgrade to either a Sargent or Russell. Looking for feedback/recommendations.

Hello, I placed an order with Sargent because I wanted to try an aftermarket seat to see if it makes that big of a difference on my 2014 RT. I received an email this morning saying it will be 2-3 weeks before shipment.. So I cancelled my order.

Two weeks are going to pass whether you order the seat or not. Order it and forget about it - before you know it your seat will show up.

I have a Sargent on my '07 GS and have no complaints in about 30,000 miles with it, including a few Iron Butt rides. My understanding is that Sargent is helpful if you need to have your seat tweaked, but mine has been fine from day one.

Good luck with your decision.

If you want fast, go to your local airport, find who they use for light aircraft seat work. Take you bike there and pay the money.

I love sergeant seats.

Rod

Thanks for all the reply's. I ended up getting lucky and finding a Sargent seat on eBay. Not the exact seat I wanted but it was close enough and nearly 1/2 the price. Plus I had it in 3 days.

The Sargent works pretty well. It's a bit firm tho for me, I can do a full 2hrs on the bike vs the stock seat now before my rear gets numb. I think this winter I will go for a full custom seat. Just wanted a backup so I can send out my seat and still ride.

Back