• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

leaking brake lever rear

ISAMEMON

Grammarian no, Rider yes
1978 R80

It seems that the pin that goes through the differential cover is leaking to the outside, so I assume it is leaking to the inside
does the pin have a o-ring or gasket someplace
I tried loooking at the microfische ( max'z) and cant determine if there is one other then a 50 cent gasket
I put new crush washers on the fill pplug, maybe it is from that, can you also put teflon tape on those
can the breather be plugged, if so how do you service that
my level is correct , the last time I changed it I put in the correct cc amount listed in the books

rear brakes are weak enough on this bike ( even though new shoes last spring) that I don tneed oil soak problems

The brake lever might or might not have one or more o-rings...I've heard all kinds of things. My guess is there is at least one. ETK for a '80 model does shot just the one gasket at the end of the brake cam. Probably better pull the tire and see if there's any leakage inside.

Back