• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

K13s fuel pressure regulator

nd4spdntx

Anyone replaced the fuel pressure regulator? What issues were you having? My engine going flat at 8-9k rpm.
Thanks

Anyone replaced the fuel pressure regulator? What issues were you having? My engine going flat at 8-9k rpm.
Thanks

Test the pressure using a proper gauge fitted into the line with a "T" fitting. Then you will know if you have a pressure issue.

We are assuming you have a new fuel filter in there.

Did the problem start to show up and gradually got worse or did it suddenly appear?

Have you done any recent work on the bike?

Filled up at any out of the way gas stations recently?

This thread should be over at the "Wedge Kbikes" section of this forum, as your bike is a Wedge kbike.
I'll move it there in a day or so.

:dance:dance:dance

Problem started

2 weeks ago on my last Sunday ride, bike ran great for first half of ride. Then, when accelerating out of turn, a had a "flat spot" in the throttle at around 6k rpm in 3rd gear. I backed off immediately. Tested 2 more times, flat spot was around 6500. Rode home carefully. I first thought it was my clutch going bad. Took to my BMW dealer the next Wed. On the way i tested again. This time flat spot moved to aound 8k rpm, and this time i closely watched the rpm. No slippage, just a flat spot/dead zone, so that ruled out the clutch. Sadly and disappointedly, my dealer was in process of GOOB. Couldn't leave the bike, but the SM did take it on a test ride. The SM took the bike out, agreed that it wasn't the clutch. Sooo...
I started calling around to other BMW shops. There's really only two within 50 miles. First shop wanted to start with removing everything Power Commander. About a 3+ hour job at $105/hour. Yes, it could be the PC5 with Autotune, but it could just be bad fuel, fuel filter, fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, bad coilpack, loose spark plug, bad spark plug wires... I didn't like the fact that they wanted to start off removing something that was costly just to get to. Second dealer Mancuso Power Sports SW, simply stated that they didn't work on anything over 10 years old, period.

So, flat/dead spot during acceleration that begun at 6k, moved to 8k, then 9k. No remote gas stations, but bad gas is always a possibility.

I'm not against removing the whole PC setup, but I'd sure like to know that it's going to fix the problem first.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Back