• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Refurbishment of low mileage 1993 K75

smokymb

Awaiting delivery of a 9K mile 1993 K75 won in an auction, no maintenance records, of course, claims of everything works, runs good. Don’t know if it was lightly, but regularly, ridden or stored for a long period. Will assume only “mileage required” items completed, I’ll start over, change all fluids, plugs, air filter, inspect all the external rubber & plastic bits, replace tires that are in good shape, but 10 years old. Are there rubber pieces (intake boots, coolant, fuel, vacuum hoses) that I should just go ahead and replace, regardless of external condition? Internal fuel tank rubber hoses, rubber pump mounts, fuel filter? What else should I be ordering? I’ve been accused of overdoing such a project, thanks for any advice/suggestions. Have an old Airhead, but this is my first K75.

Welcome to the forum.
Replace the damper that holds the fuel pump inside the tank and replace the fuel lines while you're in there.
When you remove the fuel cap you'll have a nice big hole to see in the tank.
Replace the rubber brake lines.

Thank you both for the advice, will incorporate your suggestions with some others I’ve found. I’m sure I’ll get stuck on something and call for help!

@Beemerguru Yes, the bike is running well, put close to 1000 miles on between maintenance tasks. See reply #6 in the other currrent thread “Pristene 1992 K100 RS being sold on BAT” for an outline of what I’ve done. Overkill in some areas, but it helped me get familiar with first K bike. I’ve spent many hours searching this blog for help, it’s a great bank of knowledge for us new guys.

@Beemerguru Yes, the bike is running well, put close to 1000 miles on between maintenance tasks. See reply #6 in the other currrent thread “Pristene 1992 K100 RS being sold on BAT” for an outline of what I’ve done. Overkill in some areas, but it helped me get familiar with first K bike. I’ve spent many hours searching this blog for help, it’s a great bank of knowledge for us new guys.

It's a fun machine..with the right suspension and tires, you can just slab it from one side of the country to the other..or on mountain switchbacks, you can literally scrape the saddlebag lid and feel perfectly safe ;-)

Back