• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

iPhone Case for R1250RT

vvatc

I just got a 2022 R1250RT last week and it has this swell wireless charging feature in the front right storage compartment. However, in order to get my iPhone 12 Pro Max to fit I have to remove the Otterbox case. Does anyone know of a thin case for this phone that fits?

I couldn’t find one that I felt comfortable with so my phone rides in the tankbag. And frankly I don’t like giving up the safety the Otterbox provides

I couldn’t find one that I felt comfortable with so my phone rides in the tankbag. And frankly I don’t like giving up the safety the Otterbox provides

My Otterbox has saved me thousand of dollars over the years so I understand. My phone feels so naked when I have to take it out of the case to fit in the storage compartment. I may just keep it in the breast pocket of my jacket knowing the wireless charger is there if needed.

I use a Lifeproof case for my iPhone. I've dropped it more that a few times with no damage.

iPhone case

I have a 2016 R1200RT, not sure how they have changed to the newer ones. I have a iPhone 8 plus, and use a Magpul feild Case,
I just checked and it will fit. Just barely. Got it off Ebay, Hope this helps,

I do not have a "MAX" size, but leaving the case on my 13 pro makes it quite difficult to wedge the phone in the compartment. But more importantly- it greatly interferes with the Qi charging. Often the green "charging" light just turns yellow after a moment. Take the case off- works very well. So- I just use the USB on the rare occasion that I even use that compartment.

BMW has jacked up the entire map and Navigation interface so bad- using the compartment is way more trouble than it's worth in my opinion. Also- an iPhone issue: Apple implemented Granny management for the volume of your headphones. Everything is going along fine- then out of nowhere- music is gone!? Well- No, it's not gone. It's been turned down to basically zero by Apple in the name of saving the world. :sick This was (and probably still is) VERY commonly mistaken as a connection issue with the TFT.

My case is a top of the line MOUS unlimited 4.0. These cases are among the best for phone protection, but are not bulky at all. They are very thin in the area that matters for Qi charging.

Just a FYI on Apple volume reduction, it can be disabled in settings. Can’t walk you through it, but recently turned off on a 13. I can only imagine it was a legal thing for folks blaming/suing Apple for blowing their hearing… mines already damaged so I’ll manage that myself!

Back