• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Highway Pegs for a 2010 RT

I had the Illums on my RT. They do provide a place to put your feet when you need to change position, but I wasn't comfortable keeping them there as I would on a cruiser.

I'm considering highway pegs for my 2010 RT. Knees need a little extension on the long trips! Any suggestions?

Considering Ilium Works Pegs

Thanks!
When I do mine I want to do the ztechnik engine guards with the ilium pegs mounted on them.

A couple of guys have gone that route on the forum and it looks really good!

I'll see if I can find there posts

I have a set of Eagle Talons on my 06. I bought them new to ride a BBG1500, and they performed wonderfully. Easy to install.
I used the passenger footpegs since I don't have passengers all that often.
BTW, I'm 6'4.
-Scott

When I do mine I want to do the ztechnik engine guards with the ilium pegs mounted on them.

A couple of guys have gone that route on the forum and it looks really good!

I'll see if I can find there posts

I'd sure be interested to see that. I really like the ztechnik engine guards, but I WOULD like to see how the ilium pegs mount, if you can mount them on the down tube, and what people think about them

Thanks,

Here's MachineArtMoto guards with Ilium highway pegs.

ad06a174.jpg

Not a very good picture of the guard, but I was interested in the pegs.
The pegs made a huge difference on some long rides.

picture.php

Ztechnik Engine Guard Z7102
Ilium highway pegs part# 19-200

Still working to get my PIAA LP 530 LED DRIVING LIGHTS attached to the guards also

I have a set of the Illuim Brackets and Highway Pegs on my 2011 R12RT.

I just rode ~3000 miles over a 4-day span. The last day was about 1000 miles and nearly 19-hours in the (stock) saddle; it would not have been nearly as enjoyable without these pegs to change position occasionally. During this trip we rode about 1000 miles of twisty's in W-NC and TN, no issues with dragging although they were not deployed in the tight stuff....

I did paint the brackets a satin black so they blend in much better on my bike with its black trim then the original silver.

I've considered getting highway pegs before - specifically the Hawk Talons that relocate the passenger footpegs onto the cylinder heads - but always felt like the fairing would either rub against the inside of my legs or be spread so wide that it wouldn't be comfortable. Anyone had either of these problems with any of the highway pegs or is it completely different with them actually installed?

I have a set of the Illuim Brackets and Highway Pegs on my 2011 R12RT.

I just rode ~3000 miles over a 4-day span. The last day was about 1000 miles and nearly 19-hours in the (stock) saddle; it would not have been nearly as enjoyable without these pegs to change position occasionally. During this trip we rode about 1000 miles of twisty's in W-NC and TN, no issues with dragging although they were not deployed in the tight stuff....

I did paint the brackets a satin black so they blend in much better on my bike with its black trim then the original silver.

Are these the ones you have? Ilium Works

I just use these Hawk Talons for streatching on longer riders. I have been using them for 5 years now with no problems. I no longer have lights on them. I never liked how they looked there.

Attachments

• RA Rally 6-25-11 thru 7-4-11 040-1.jpg
    RA Rally 6-25-11 thru 7-4-11 040-1.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 306
I've considered getting highway pegs before - specifically the Hawk Talons that relocate the passenger footpegs onto the cylinder heads - but always felt like the fairing would either rub against the inside of my legs or be spread so wide that it wouldn't be comfortable. Anyone had either of these problems with any of the highway pegs or is it completely different with them actually installed?

Hey Stig, Wanna come try my bike on for size? Illium pegs on an '11 RT. PM me.

Not a very good picture of the guard, but I was interested in the pegs.
The pegs made a huge difference on some long rides.

picture.php

Ztechnik Engine Guard Z7102
Ilium highway pegs part# 19-200

Still working to get my PIAA LP 530 LED DRIVING LIGHTS attached to the guards also
:rocker

this is the setup I want. Can you post a couple of better shots?

I'm considering highway pegs for my 2010 RT. Knees need a little extension on the long trips! Any suggestions?

Considering Ilium Works Pegs

Thanks!

I have had the Illium pegs on my 08RT for several years now. Any highway peg is not perfect on the RT because you have to spread your legs too far apart. They are very well built and quality shows.

If they would lock out someway I would like them better so I could rest my heals on them and stretch my legs out straight. Definately not as comfortable as the Harley pegs and riding position.

I also have Illium footboards and they allow some movement to change positions. The pegs are adjustable forward and back several inches to allow a more comfortable position.

Great company to deal with and customer service is terrific.

Jack

Back