• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hello from Ottawa

hogie

Hogie
Recently joined the ranks of the riding. This is one crossed off the bucket list for me. I've been wanting to ride for some time but just never seemed to get around to it with all of life's other responsibilities. Made that a thing of the past with some encouragement from friends (R&R) and my recent accusation of a 2009 1200GS. I'm having a blast and learning constantly. I've managed about 500km in the first three days of owning it.

Looking forward to many miles and meeting lots of other folks with a passion for the road.

2009 BMW R1200GS.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome, Dale! That a sweet setup for knocking off some miles, pavement or not!!

Dale, if you haven't already it is a good idea to take a basic riding course. It will do wonders for your situational awareness, specific riding techniques and you will also get to meet like minded people in the process. :thumb

And of course welcome to this awesome club. Any questions, just ask.

Dale, if you haven't already it is a good idea to take a basic riding course. It will do wonders for your situational awareness, specific riding techniques and you will also get to meet like minded people in the process.

Thanks Ken. I began my journey with a safety course/M2 exit exam. Still have loads to learn and I'm diving in.

Hello from Perth. Lots of nice roads around here....through to Westport down to Kingston or up around Calaboogie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello from Perth. Lots of nice roads around here....through to Westport down to Kingston or up around Calaboogie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey motomann52, I've already been up through Perth a couple of times. Thanks for the warm welcome!

Back