• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New member from Austin, TX

austxdan

Hello MOA members,

I joined last October as I started searching for BMW info, and filled out a new member post, but I don't think it was on this forum. It's a little confusing but I think I'm catching on ;-)

I've actually ordered a 2022 R1250 GS late last November and after bugging my dealer about once a month, I was informed that my bike is finally on American soil. It landed in NYC and is awaiting customs clearance before starting its trip down south to TX.

I've come to this decision after starting out on cruisers, and then moving to air cooled baggers and then the large touring bikes. I have an Indian Roadmaster in my garage on a tender. About 1 1/2 years ago I bought a Tiger 900 Rally Pro and began my indoctrination into ADV riding. Needless to say I'm hooked. While I will keep my Tiger for more off-road riding, I am looking forward to my GS replacing my Indian as my cross country tourer (with the ability to do some light off-road when needed). I am definitely sold on the water cooled ADV bikes, and look forward to my options for whatever riding I am doing that day.

Now that I've finally found the forums, I'm sure I'll have more things to search for and more posts to make.

Cheers,
Dan

Welcome to the MOA and the forum, Dan! I'm sure you're anticipating the bike, but even with all the others, there's nothing you can do about it right now!! Just about all of us in Texas are iced in. Brighter days coming I'm hoping.

You're on the tip of the Hill Country up there so plenty of things to ride to. Go west, young man!!

. . .
You're on the tip of the Hill Country up there so plenty of things to ride to. Go west, young man!!

Yes, I'm in SW Austin so very easy to make a couple of turns and be out in the hill country. I've done plenty of good on-road twisty riding with previous bikes, and some good off-road riding with my Tiger on the ranch dirt roads west of Fredericksburg.

I look forward to trying these with my new bike as well!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Welcome to the site Dan.
After our bikes were unloaded from the ship they arrived at the Kansas City airport 8 days latter.
Five days after that a local trucking company delivered the bikes to the Kansas City dealer. The weekend and Monday probably slowed that a couple days.

Welcome AusTXDan to the online MOA community.

Hope you'll enjoy your brand spankin new GS once its in your possession! Depending on your future level of enthusiasm, there's something to be said for some Professional off-road training. U might read something here or in your MOA Owners' News. Remember the cheapest thing on a BMW is the Nut holding the handlebars! :laugh

Hope you'll be available to visit the Big B'Day Bash to be held in Springfield, MO in June.

https://rally.bmwmoa.org

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil
USN-Ret'd —-&-— USAF-Ret’d

'09 650GS-twin — '14 K-GT
'82 R100CS ——— '75 R90S
'16 R1200RS —-— ’05 Vespa 200L
:beer

Welcome from just south of the ATL Dan! Did they give you an ETA on the bike? Post a pic once it arrives if you please.

I am in Austin near the Giga-factory. I am newer to the area and still figuring out where to ride. let me know what your "go to" becomes

Back