• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Gs911- Having trouble with full scan feature

Old Rider - OK Mechanic
I have one of the red GS911 with a professional license I recently updated the software and when I do an auto scan I only get the engine info and a scan of the engine controller. It appears that I can scan each controller individually, but I really prefer the full scan when on the road and trying to diagnose an issue.

Am I doing something wrong or is this the new version of the software ?

I have one of the red GS911 with a professional license I recently updated the software and when I do an auto scan I only get the engine info and a scan of the engine controller. It appears that I can scan each controller individually, but I really prefer the full scan when on the road and trying to diagnose an issue.

Am I doing something wrong or is this the new version of the software ?

When I reset our service reminders and did a scan on our bikes last month I also noticed I could not do a full scan. I had to go down the list and scan each item.
I hope they go back to the old way on the next update.

GS911 Issue

I have the same model but not the professional software upgrade (i.e., unlimited number of VINs is the only difference) and am wondering if you have the latest software loaded? That might be worth a check... otherwise I am at a loss what might be causing this. Good luck!

Software Version

Yup I have the current version as of yesterday. I opened a service ticket with Hex Code this am. Hope this is not permanent

Hecode responded on issue

I contacted hexcode and sent a file, software info and bike.they one about it and sY they are testing a beta version as I writei this. They expect a new version release this week or next at the latest. It was not their intent .

Seems to have funtionality now....

I just recently updated the app on my computer, and the firmware on the unit itself.

Just ran a full scan of the bike not more than 10 minutes ago.

You may want to revisit Hex's site and/or update your device again. It seems to be working.

-Marc

You Are Correct

Just updated the firmware and software, all is well, April 16th. Thank you for the update.

Back