• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Fuel distributor which line is TO vs. RETURN from tank?

onasteelhorse

I just installed the new and improved quick-disconnects on the fuel lines and my marking system had a breakdown. Does someone know which line (upper or lower) from the fuel distributor is TO vs. RETURN? The back of the fuel pump plate is clearly marked so that's easy enough. Thanks!fuel manifold.png

I just went through this also. The lower line is from the pump/tank, and the upper returns it to the tank. Good luck and hope you're up and running for the holiday weekend.

Thanks Gary! That did the trick...it fired right up. Contrary to conventional wisdom that says you shouldn't do anything major just before a ride, this was pretty much the last part of a bunch of maintenance prior to heading out on a 4,000 mile tour between Arizona & Canada. Getting her up and running for some shake-down rides in the next couple of days was pretty important! HyperPro shocks, John Gemi chip, auxiliary lighting, horn upgrades etc. Looking forward to evaluating the changes!

Sounds like you're ready for the road. Which oilhead are you riding? Leaving here in the morning for the 49'er Rally at Mariposa, CA. Not sure how much snow I'll find on Carson Pass but that's part of the adventure. Miserable makes memorable! That's somewhere between AZ and Canada. You should stop by for a beer. It's always a good rally. Have a good summer. gp

I've been riding an 04 R1150R since fall of 2017. I came from a Honda ST1100 which I'd owned for 13 years and had added a lot of things over the years. I'm liking the reduced weight of the R1150R and still working at trying to make it as comfortable.

Regarding our route, I'm riding with three other buddies and California was our indirect route choice. Since we wanted to do Yosemite, Mariposa is definitely on our route. I had heard about the 49er rally but with us just leaving Saturday and wanting to take in some other roads through wine-country, PCH etc. I'm not sure we'll get there before the rally is pretty much over. Another guy in our group is on an 04 R1150RT so with the two of us pushing the others, maybe we can make it before everyone packs up. Hope to see you! First cool-one is on me!

Back