• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Foam Earplugs Now Different?

I had the opposite experience with the custom made ones. I spent a fair amount on them and find them much less effective and comfortable than Moldex Pura Fit foam ones. I tried 15-20 different things, from all brands of foam, slicone, plastic baffled to the customs. The Pura Fits are by far the best. And since I buy them by the case, they're cheap enough to use once and throw away.
Yup, you've made my post for me.

I tried every brand I could get my hands on, and finally settled on the Moldex Pura-Fits. My ear canals must be a bit bigger than most, so I actually need to insert them fat end first, but they do work very well. They also last longer than the other disposables I've used. Most other disposables seem to reduce the noise less effectively after wearing them two or three times. With the Pura-Fits I can use them several times until they get dirty.

Hey Carecsg (and others interested,)

I bought a 2nd pair of fitted earplugs at the Redmond rally. The guy who sold them to me (think there were at least three earplug vendors) looked at my old ones and told me they were made by a relative, had probably about outlived their life span, and that the $65 ones were good for more years than the original material.

Could be BS, but I wanted insurance against loss, if not loss of effectiveness. Both pair still work great.

There certainly seem to be many satisfied customers of Moldex Pura Fit. If you are happy and don't have the problems of long seating times in cold weather or oozing out in hot weather, figure a pair will last a day of in and out, and are worried about loss, sounds to me like you have made a good choice.

Inserting any earplugs requires some practice, but when you get it down - at least with the fitted ones - it only takes seconds.

Whatever you chose, don't ride without them. Whenever I do, and that is only doing errands in the little town I live near, I just HATE the noise at 25 mph.

Back