• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

First Time Rally Attendee - 10 Things I Liked

italia

I’m not really into being negative or offering constructive criticism, particularly as a new member.

So, I was a first-time attendee. 20-years Italian motorcycle rider. 2-months GSA owner. Rode to rally with 6 others from hometown BMW moto club.

10 Things I liked:
1) Ride thru entry for pre-registered – literally took 15 seconds with QR code
2) Registration – also only took less than a minute after pre-registering online
3) Ambassadors – these are super friendly people. Probably a pre-requisite ;)
4) Volunteers – clearly wanted to be there and help. Retail employees could learn from these people
5) Vendors with discounts – like friends with benefits, right?
6) On-Site installers – lights, tires, accessories – the people installing these things deserve the week off now to cool
7) Biergarten – you really can’t go wrong here
8) Seminars – learning is fundamental, especially for a newbie like me. Yeah, I learned things
9) First Time Attendees reception – nice touch to welcome us to our first MOA
10) Commitment – just obvious there are highly committed people in leadership roles in this organization. Committed to making a rally the best possible

Thanks for making this a repeatable experience for me!

What a nice thing to post!

Are you 20 years of age or have you been riding for 20 years?

===========

Che bella cosa da postare!

Hai 20 anni o guidi da 20 anni?

Ian

What a nice thing to post!

Are you 20 years of age or have you been riding for 20 years?

===========

Che bella cosa da postare!

Hai 20 anni o guidi da 20 anni?

Ian
Hahaha! Thank you. Riding for 20 years. Only wish I was 20 years old!

My ten:

1; The People
2; The People
3; Ease of conversation
4; New Friends
5; Generosity of sharing experience
6; Beer Tent
7; The people at the beer tent
8; The Ride
9; People we met along with the ride
10; The People

I’m not really into being negative or offering constructive criticism, particularly as a new member.

So, I was a first-time attendee. 20-years Italian motorcycle rider. 2-months GSA owner. Rode to rally with 6 others from hometown BMW moto club.

10 Things I liked:
1) Ride thru entry for pre-registered – literally took 15 seconds with QR code
2) Registration – also only took less than a minute after pre-registering online
3) Ambassadors – these are super friendly people. Probably a pre-requisite ;)
4) Volunteers – clearly wanted to be there and help. Retail employees could learn from these people
5) Vendors with discounts – like friends with benefits, right?
6) On-Site installers – lights, tires, accessories – the people installing these things deserve the week off now to cool
7) Biergarten – you really can’t go wrong here
8) Seminars – learning is fundamental, especially for a newbie like me. Yeah, I learned things
9) First Time Attendees reception – nice touch to welcome us to our first MOA
10) Commitment – just obvious there are highly committed people in leadership roles in this organization. Committed to making a rally the best possible

Thanks for making this a repeatable experience for me!

Good constructive points.

As a volunteer, I just naturally felt the rally was part of my responsibility to make it better. I guess that's why we all volunteer.
As a close friend to one of the rally chairs, I can attest that these guys give up their lives for the better part of a year to make this all happen.

Closing ceremonies were excellent. Started on time. Anvil blast was great! Loved the mixing up of door prizes and handing out of awards. Much, much better format doing it that way. Emcee was great but didn't get his name.

Pat Carol, Brian Burdette and Greg Feeler did an amazing job IMHO and certainly weren't responsible for the heat.

It has certainly been a refreshing change to read a good number of positive comments about the 2022 Rally. Thanks to all who have responded.

Although I did not go this year, I have always thoroughly enjoyed all the MOA National Rallies that I have attended.

I have too frequently been amazed at the number of complaints that I read on this Forum upon my return from a number of Rallies. It always felt if the complainers had attended a different Rally than the one from which I just returned.

Once again, it has been good to read so many satisfied comments.

Kudos to the attendees and the Rally Chairs! :thumb

Back