• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

first ride on new to me R1200RT

loneadv

Picked up a new ride last week.

image.jpg

It's a 2013 with only 1300 miles on the clock. Unfortunately I bought it at a dealer near my Dads house in VA (Adventure BMW) so I had to leave it at his house for a week until I could get back down with my wife to pick it up. I rode about 60 miles the day I bought it and had already done test rides on 1200RTs several times over the last 2 riding seasons so I really had a lot to think about while waiting to go pick it up....Fast forward to this past weekend and we were back down for a Memorial Day BBQ and I got to take the long way home with my Dad and some riding buds.:dance

As always the trip started out with crappy traffic :banghead

image.jpg

But we were soon free of the city and enjoying a beautiful ride throught the rural roads of VA's Northern Neck. Unfortunately all my riding partners were on Harley's so the pace was more of a smell the roses kind of thing :)

After about 100 miles we stopped in Montrose for lunch and parted ways when we were done. I always enjoy these rides with my Dad, especially since he was diagnosed with Cancer last year and we know the number of rides he has left is limited.

image.jpg

After we split up I finished with another 120 miles to my home in MD. Unfortunately most of that was just highway as I really needed to get back and there's really no quick way on the back roads. Overall it was an amazing ride and a great way to help break in my new ride. I hope to put in a real ride report when I return from 4 days in WV in June. Not sure how I'm gonna deal with the 3 pic limit for that one though:scratch

Back