• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

First ride…

Just a quick note regarding my first ride after a near fatal ride last September. I’ve been riding since ‘69, BMWs since ‘75 with literally 1,000,000 miles on BMWs and 250,000 on hacks. Not a newby….

Last September 10th, I was riding my ‘85 K100RS w/eml to church. I don’t remember any part of the day, waking up, leaving home…. I remember the evening before and woke up three days later, in ICU, in Boise, wondering who I was and where I was. Apparently a deer ran out between myself and the car ahead of me, making contact with my upper fairing and rolling under me which launched my hack and me flipping me upside down. I think I landed on my head and left shoulder under the hack which landed upside down on top of me. Thanks to first responders. Life flighted to Boise.

The results, hack totaled, but I’ll rebuild it. Broken collar bone, shoulder blade and ribs on the left, elbow on the right, and a significant concussion which caused a brain bleed that required brain surgery in December. I arrived home from that surgery the day before my 70th birthday…

So back to my first ride. Rolled my ‘00 R1100RS out and getting back in the saddle after recovering over winter. Enjoy our ‘24 riding season and hope to see you at Redmond this summer.
Ride easy

Glad you’re on the mend physically… The mental healing will be ongoing. I broke 6 ribs in 12 places, shattered my shoulder blade and punctured a lung almost 2 yrs ago as a result of a tank slapper.

Yowsa! That’s one horrendous accident! Glad to hear that you are on the mend and have a rehab goal like Redmond in your sights. Heal well!

Best,
DeVern

Thank you all for your kind words. Just very thankful to be here to join you in our ‘24 riding season! This will be my 55th.

Back