• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Enough, For Goodness Sake!

If I don't wave at you, it's nothing personal.

I'll still pull over if it looks like you need help. You can still use my tools.

If I'm in the middle of nowhere and haven't seen another motorcycle in a while and it's not raining I'll almost always wave.

If you're riding another old K-bike, I'll wave with both hands. :)

+1
PS: I miss my old K=bike! :cry
jim

That is the attitude I was alluding to as being the most frustrating. Because some choose not to wave it is used as basis for making judgements about them; seems childish to me. I care not what others do; wave or not wave. Yet others seem to care about what I do not do.

Of course you care. Look at the title you gave this thread: "Enough, for Goodness Sake" You started and are continuing this thread because you have a problem with others waving at you. If you didn't care, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

I don't care if you wave or not. I don't care if you wave back or not. Really. It's not that big of a thing.

:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:

I would have waved more but the software limits each post to 20 images max.

Thanks for this post Kevin; I'm all waved out. There's just too many bikes out there, and there's no point in it any more.

The last few months I've just been lifting my left hand fingers above the handlebar.

Of course you care. Look at the title you gave this thread: "Enough, for Goodness Sake" You started and are continuing this thread because you have a problem with others waving at you. If you didn't care, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

I don't care if you wave or not. I don't care if you wave back or not. Really. It's not that big of a thing.

:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:

I would have waved more but the software limits each post to 20 images max.

Bud, You seem to be accusing me of making too much out of a trivial issue. Well of course it's trivial. What else do we discuss in this section of the forum for the most part but trivial things that may or may not have some entertainment value for some of us. It's not a "Big Deal" to me either, or just about anyone else I would assume. However, it is worthy in my estimation of my spending 10-15 minutes one evening having some fun writing a somewhat tongue-in-cheek description of my feelings about the motorcycle wave. Now I get the added benefit of free psychoanalysis from someone I've never met telling me what I really think. Where were you when I was trying to make some important life decisions? Just to be clear, I really don't care who waves. What I attempted to describe in my OP was that I do care that the reasons behind the wave in most cases are spurious rendering the wave trite and of no account. I have a problem with why they wave. Additionally, I tried to convey that I am perplexed that a failure to wave is met with ridicule and mockery. And yes, I am contributing to continuing the thread by making and responding to posts. Again, that's what we do here... initiate and involve ourselves in discussions concerning things we find entertaining, even if they are trivial.

By the way, there was one wave that I felt was heart felt and was quite original. A shirtless and helmetless guy on a full dresser was in the middle of a pack of 20-25 bikes headed east in central MT (Sturgis is underway). As he passed us he stood on his floor boards put his thumbs in his ears, stuck out his tongue and wiggled his fingers. Now there is a guy who could benefit from some psychoanalysis.

Bud, You seem to be accusing me of making too much out of a trivial issue. Well of course it's trivial. What else do we discuss in this section of the forum for the most part but trivial things that may or may not have some entertainment value for some of us. It's not a "Big Deal" to me either, or just about anyone else I would assume. However, it is worthy in my estimation of my spending 10-15 minutes one evening having some fun writing a somewhat tongue-in-cheek description of my feelings about the motorcycle wave. Now I get the added benefit of free psychoanalysis from someone I've never met telling me what I really think. Where were you when I was trying to make some important life decisions? Just to be clear, I really don't care who waves. What I attempted to describe in my OP was that I do care that the reasons behind the wave in most cases are spurious rendering the wave trite and of no account. I have a problem with why they wave. Additionally, I tried to convey that I am perplexed that a failure to wave is met with ridicule and mockery. And yes, I am contributing to continuing the thread by making and responding to posts. Again, that's what we do here... initiate and involve ourselves in discussions concerning things we find entertaining, even if they are trivial.

By the way, there was one wave that I felt was heart felt and was quite original. A shirtless and helmetless guy on a full dresser was in the middle of a pack of 20-25 bikes headed east in central MT (Sturgis is underway). As he passed us he stood on his floor boards put his thumbs in his ears, stuck out his tongue and wiggled his fingers. Now there is a guy who could benefit from some psychoanalysis.

Kevin,

I like to ride the keyboard as much as you do.

Didn't mean to offend. I just found it funny (and I have a twisted sense of humor) that you said you didn't care.

Thankfully we don't have to figure out a way to have world peace, a functioning Congress, find a cure for brain cancer or any of the thousands of other serious things.

If we were sitting around the campfire and could see each others expression and I said the same thing, I hope you would tell from my facial expression and body language that I was just having some fun with ya. And, of course, I would toss you another adult beverage. :kiss

Now about that :wave. :hug:hug

"Have a nice day" (One of my pet peeves. Who am I to tell you what kind of a day to have?) :dance

Better to wave than say

"Have a blessed day."

I grew up waving on a Ford 8N. I waved to most folks for most of my life. I wave on my bike; especially at those who might not wave at me. I do like to wave. If it also pisses people off; BONUS for me.:wave

I may wave at you but more than likely will not bother. Don't let it get you down:wave
I've also observed this same phenomenon while trail hiking wherein people say hello at a rate of 1,000 times the national average!

It never ceases to amaze me how uptight people get about what others do. If other people waving to you is an issue, you might want to reconsider the whole riding thing, as you're clearly not getting it.

I wave at everyone on 2 wheels (assuming I see you). Why? 'Cause I'm having a blast, I'm happy to be alive and riding, and I salute anyone else who's crazy enough to go on 2 wheels in traffic. Doesn't bother me one iota if you don't wave back.

I can't really tell how anybody feels about this from words, so I am just going to judge you all and say you are all really getting upset about nothing, even if you are not.
:rofl

Last edited:
I think its simple, wave if you want and don't if you don't want to. I went on a ride thru WV this past weekend and one of the couples riding with us never waved a single time although hundreds of other riders waved at them. I wave at everyone and if they don't wave back, no problem. It's really no big deal :)
Oh and buy the way, if I see you I will give you the big friendly wave, its just the way I feel, sorry if I am bugging you :bikes

Back