• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Engine won't run smoothly

djcondie

I have a 2004 CL with 28000 miles on it. When starting it after it has been sitting for a few days it runs real ragged. I reset the throttle and it will smooth out after riding it about ten miles and will run well the rest of the day. If I start it every day it will continue to run smoothly. If I don't start it for two days then the problem begins again and I repeat this process again. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening? Thanks, Dave

Before you take off after a few days, check you battery voltage, static. Then with your voltmeter, check battery voltage while cranking.

In my experience, if battery voltage drops below 9.8 VDC, it can cause the RAM(random access memory)to be forgetful.

Back