• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Dunlop or Michelin 2015 RTW

Dunlop or Michelin is really a personal choice and preference. You will find as many loving Dunlops as you will Michelins. I have always been a Michelin guy and tried the RoadSmart 3's and went back to the Michelins. BUT ... when Dunlop offered the BOGO deal in Springfield on the RS4's I decided to give them a shot and I REALLY like them. I just ordered another set for my 2016 RT that will get me to Redmond and back (about 8000 miles round trip)

IMHO both are great tires but Dunlops are a bit cheaper. My RS4's for my RT cost me $400 for the set.

I was running the Bridgestone T32GT for several sets happily on my '07 RT. But they were always worn out around 5-6k miles. Went on a long trip and wanted tires to get me all the way, so bought Michelin PR5 and they went over 9k miles and still had a thousand or two left when I took them off. Wasn't crazy about the handling with the PR5. I tried the Dunlop RS4 after that and they went about as far as the PR5. Handled better new, but seemed to be worse toward the end.

I have a 2015 RT now, and have been running mostly PR6, unless BS or Dunlop has a sale. Last trip CA to Nova Scotia and back was 11k miles on PR6GT. Still had another thousand or so when I got home. PR6 handling is about as good as it gets IMO. Over $500/set but worth it in my opinion, lasting twice as long as BS and 10-20% longer than RS4 with better handling. I run 36/42 in all conditions.

Back