• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Decisions- Trying to decide on Wethead accessories

Without knowing all of what you are looking for, I added following to a 2023 R1250 GS I purchased in September (I have put 4,500 miles on it since then, but own several other bikes that get miles put on as well):
1) Touratech Lower Crash Bars (the 4 arm ones that project out past the cylinders about 1")
2) Touratech Pannier Rack (to be used with Mosko Moto Backcountry Panniers I had from the F850 GSA I sold)
3) Touratech Headlight Guard (I got the clear plexiglass lense but in hindsight probably should have gotten the wire grill)
4) Touratech Sidestand Switch Guard (vulnerable part)
5) Touratech Rear Brake Fluid Reservoir Guard (this seems to actually be one of the most vulnerable parts in a fall)
6) Touratech Bar Riser (the 25mm is all I needed)
7) Wunderlich Frame Plugs (keep some dirt out and cosmetic)
8) Wunderlich Sidestand Enlarger (I ride in places I worry about sinking a bit)
9) Black Dog Cycle Works Rear Rack Enlarger
10) Black Dog Cycle Works Pillion Rack Plate (since I do not carry passenger)
11) BMW Radiator Protective Cooling Fin Covers (the BMW plastic ones are perfectly fine and only US $70)
12) BMW TFT Display Protective Film (some note the BMW ones wash out the screen brightness, which it does, not not issue for me)
13) GS Plastic Tool Box (Amazon one for $55 and with lock and keys)
14) MachineArt Moto Rear Splash Guard (on order).
15) I have talked to dealer and will order Clearwater Erica Lights to be install during the 6,000 mile (1,000 km) service.

I cannot foresee adding anything else. Yeah, I know "Famous Last Words".
Lots of good stuff you’ve installed. Honestly it’s enjoyable doing these types of things. My addition to all of this is the Hex EZcan. That way lights and a sound blaster can be added. Hex was super easy in a 1250 GS.
Best thing I added to my bike was the horn. Already saved me several times.

Have you bought anything yet? If not, let us know what you do get.

Thanks to everyone for the good suggestions!

E.
I’ve purchased Denali D3’s…still waiting for the DialDim controller to be in production. I have pricing on SW-Motech and Wunderlich bags, just waiting for pricing on the BMW Vario bags.

Remember, your odds of crashing are inversely proportional to how much you spend on crash protection. ;)
Ooops.. I forgot to mention that I have ordered SW-Motech crash bars.

When I bought my ‘17 FJR I was paranoid about dropping it, so I put crash bars on it - front and rear. This meant that I always rode the bike with the panniers on the bike, because the bike looked kinda goofy with no panniers on it while the rear crash bars hung out in the breeze. That meant that there was always too much crap in the panniers…I had succeeded in turning a 650lb bike into a 700lb bike..good on the highway, but a bit of a handful in the twisties.
This time I’ll leave the panniers at home unless really needed, keeping a tire repair kit in my tank bag and doing my best to keep extra weight in the garage, not on the bike.

Back