• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

corbin 1 piece low seat installation R1200RT

V

vuelo

I'm trying to put the LOWEST Corbin 1 piece seat on for a ride with my wife. Took off the 2 piece (front seat & Smuggler). Cannot fit the seat because of ... ?
Any tips on the right process would be helpful, thanks.
R1200RT 2013

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! I'm moving this to the Hexhead/Camhead part of the forum for help by those who have this specific model.

I'm trying to put the seat on for a ride with my wife. Took off the 2 piece (front seat & Smuggler). Cannot fit the seat because of ... ?

Is this the first time the Corbin front seat has been mounted? I'm unsure from what you've provided.

If so, then it may require some work. I've had Corbins, including on an R12RT and I had to shim the latches. If it has fit before, then I can offer no advice. Pictures might help.

not sure how to put the seat in ; took out the front seat/smuggler combo, want to put the corbin 1 piece very low seat in. not sure how to move/remove the piece in the way -- don't know the nomenclature ...

For the one piece Corbin, Have you remembered to remove the two plastic adjuster pieces in the center of the seat area that the the rear of the front seat sets on which allows the two height settings on the two piece stock seat setup? If I remember right on my 09 RT they are held on by two bolts each.

If you purchased a one piece seat, you need to remove the center bracket that used to hold the 2 piece. Seat. Just unbolt it.

not sure how to put the seat in ; took out the front seat/smuggler combo, want to put the corbin 1 piece very low seat in. not sure how to move/remove the piece in the way -- don't know the nomenclature ...
Sorry, just saw this. If you still don't have it on, this may help.

I have a one piece low seat, though no longer on the bike. You have to remove to two seat adjuster towers and the front locking bar from your bike. Also, fitting the seat down at the rear is enough of a problem with the two bumpers they install that are supposed to fit at the sides of the rear lock that I removed them from mine. Note that if you have anything that did not come from BMW under your two-piece seat - it has to be removed for the Corbin to fit. There simply is not spare space available under the seat with the Corbin. Pay attention where the tool kit is as well. If it sits even a little toward the rear latch, the Corbin won't lock in.

Because of the fuel cell on my bike, I had to give up the Corbin seat but for me, it was a great seat on the RT. It fit me, it let me flat foot my bike and the only issue I had with it was my knees on long rides. Anything upwards of 800 miles got pretty rough.

I just saw this too. Be sure you remove the tool kit. That cost us HOURS.

ALso, the first time you get it on, you will likely need to lube the rubber bumpers.....silicone spray will work, or whatever you have handy. I've had to do this on 3 bikes.

Have a Corbin but and love their seats......one I get it on. :)

Back