• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Connection Help??? '23 RT

Motor32

Motor32
Can anyone give me a heads-up for other posts (I've searched and read other posts/videos, but still lost) or just plain old help???

When going out for a ride, getting the phone, bike, Wifi, Bluetooth, Cardo, music from speakers, and all working, takes a little time, OK all's good.

Then five minutes later I stop for gas and turn off the bike and have to repeat the whole process.

What am I doing wrong, in a certain order (Bluetooth, Wifi, then turn on Cardo), I do have the phone where it doesn't go to sleep on the app, but just not sure what to do???????????

Talk about NOT being user friendly???

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Steve

I have a 2014 RT, so I'm afraid I can't provide too much help on the '23 TFT, but with my bike (and just about every other Bluetooth device I've used), I just start the bike back up and everything automatically reconnects.

So, when you stop for gas, don't turn off the Cardo (you're only stopped for a few minutes anyway), and also, don't turn off Bluetooth on your phone. Then start up the bike. I assume that if you're in the app then, that everything should just automatically reconnect.

Now, sometimes with my Sena/Bike/Phone/Garmin, it takes up to a 30-60 seconds to reconnect, but it eventually does with no problem.

I'm not sure what kind of phone you have, but with the iPhone, it automatically reconnects Bluetooth, even up to the point of being annoying. If you have an Android, is there some setting to auto reconnect bluetooth?

I have a 2014 RT, so I'm afraid I can't provide too much help on the '23 TFT, but with my bike (and just about every other Bluetooth device I've used), I just start the bike back up and everything automatically reconnects.

So, when you stop for gas, don't turn off the Cardo (you're only stopped for a few minutes anyway), and also, don't turn off Bluetooth on your phone. Then start up the bike. I assume that if you're in the app then, that everything should just automatically reconnect.

Now, sometimes with my Sena/Bike/Phone/Garmin, it takes up to a 30-60 seconds to reconnect, but it eventually does with no problem.

I'm not sure what kind of phone you have, but with the iPhone, it automatically reconnects Bluetooth, even up to the point of being annoying. If you have an Android, is there some setting to auto reconnect bluetooth?

I do have a iPhone 14 Pro and like you said, I don't turn anything off except the bike, then after starting it again nothing goes back to being connected and I'll spend five minutes going through it all again. I'm sure I'm missing a step or doing something wrong.

Steve

I don't have your problem, I have a 22R1250RT and a Android Samsung phone. Be sure you have the Connected app location always on and the phone don't close it. Mine always connects if I ride the bike often. I just had a hip replacement so the bike is parked for a while I know my phone will shut the app down due to lack of use so I'll have to turn on location for the app. Every now and than the helmet Schuberth SC2 Bluetooth won't connect, easy fix is, shunt down the SC2 and open, all good. Hope that helps.

I don't have your problem, I have a 22R1250RT and a Android Samsung phone. Be sure you have the Connected app location always on and the phone don't close it. Mine always connects if I ride the bike often. I just had a hip replacement so the bike is parked for a while I know my phone will shut the app down due to lack of use so I'll have to turn on location for the app. Every now and than the helmet Schuberth SC2 Bluetooth won't connect, easy fix is, shunt down the SC2 and open, all good. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the help, I'll make sure the location is always on and is always open and not asleep.

Steve

Can anyone give me a heads-up for other posts (I've searched and read other posts/videos, but still lost) or just plain old help???

When going out for a ride, getting the phone, bike, Wifi, Bluetooth, Cardo, music from speakers, and all working, takes a little time, OK all's good.

Then five minutes later I stop for gas and turn off the bike and have to repeat the whole process.

What am I doing wrong, in a certain order (Bluetooth, Wifi, then turn on Cardo), I do have the phone where it doesn't go to sleep on the app, but just not sure what to do???????????

Talk about NOT being user friendly???

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Steve

You don't have the phone set to auto reconnect to your home wifi do you? Mine reconnects. I don't have a headset but use bluetooth earphones so it's the same process.

Back