• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Bosch 15727 O2 sensor on R1100RS

rkjjeep

Been tuning on this new to me 1999 R1100RS. Reset the TPS and throttle plate angles to "latest" procedure and deactivated the dobeck 1033 on the bike. Ordered a AF-XIED to play with. The prev owner told me that he had replaced the O2 sensor and I found the original one in a box labeled "Bosch 15727 WIDEBAND O2 sensor". Could this be the O2 sensor that is currently on the bike? Will the motronic run with a wideband sensor?? I'm trying to figure out what I have before I install the XIED.

It’s a narrow band O2 sensor with a pigtail in place of an oem connector. It should work fine if it’s wired correctly.

After lots of reading it appears that this is indeed a universal 4 wire narrow band sensor. Curious that Bosch states wideband on the box. It is available as low as 25 bucks and comes with the "smartlock" connector stuff. Seems like a bargain. I will be removing it and replacing it with a 11 78 1 464 492 / BOSCH that comes with the connector ready to plug into the bike harness. A new sensor is probably not a bad idea when adding the XIED.

Back