• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Beware of vendor

I

im4xru

I have posted this thread on AdvRider, but want to give it widest audience.

My wife purchased a pair of ZAC riding boots from Armored Rider at the 2005 MOA rally. The saleslady owner assured her the boots were absolutely waterproof and had never had any complaints on the boots. The boots have a waterproof label sewn on the outside. Since purchase, the boots were worn for about 2000 miles. Back in early May we were returning from a trip to VA Beach and rode through about 40 minutes of heavy rain around Asheville. Her feet were soaked. After getting home, I called Armored Rider and they gave me some run around on proving the boots leaked saying the water could have gotten in somewhere else. I had to soak the boots from the inside to prove they leaked, and they did. I marked the leaking areas (several) and shipped the boots with a letter to Armored Rider. The boots were delivered to Armored Rider by UPS on Jun 5th. After a week of not hearing from the vendor, I called. They acted like they didn't know what I was talking about, but assured me they would check and call me back (no return call.) The following week I called again and spoke with Rosemarie, the lady we purchased the boots from., She told me that the owner, Tony, was out of town and that he was checking with the manufacturer. She assured me she would return my call in the next couple of days to let us know how the issue would be resolved (no return call.) On June 26th, I again called and told them I wanted the issue resolved since we were leaving on an extended ride starting mid-Jul. The lady told me they didn't have the replacement boots, but that she would credit my credit card for the amount of purchase. I thanked her for this and ordered a pair of Oxtars for the wife. Today the Oxtars were delivered and I checked my credit card account to see if I had received credit from Armored Rider. True to form they had done nothing they had promised. I called again and spoke with the saleslady and told her I wanted my credit. She gave a lame excuse that she had been really busy and had not gotten around to the credit. I told her it didn't take that long (wonder how long they take before charging on a purchase?) Again, she has promised to credit my card today. I doubt it will happen. If not taken care of please stop by and shake hands while I attempt to drive away their customers at the upcoming MOA rally in Vermont.
All should steer clear of this vendor.

Gary :banghead

I won't be there but thanks for the heads up.

Free enterprise at work.

If you don't provide great customer service others deserve to know.

It is my understanding that one can contest credit card charges for products that were not delivered. I have returned products and when the refund was not forthcoming I contested the charges. The seller has 30 days to credit your account according to my credit card issuer. In my case I'd waited for several months to elapse.

I wrote a brief letter to my credit card issuer with copies of correspondence and other relevant info (e.g., copy of my initial charge and vendor info regarding returns). I initially got a provisional refund from my credit card issuer (a local credit union).

After a little bit (week or so) the refund was no longer shown as provisional, but rather was a normal refund.

robsmoto said:
It is my understanding that one can contest credit card charges for products that were not delivered. I have returned products and when the refund was not forthcoming I contested the charges. The seller has 30 days to credit your account according to my credit card issuer. In my case I'd waited for several months to elapse.

I wrote a brief letter to my credit card issuer with copies of correspondence and other relevant info (e.g., copy of my initial charge and vendor info regarding returns). I initially got a provisional refund from my credit card issuer (a local credit union).

After a little bit (week or so) the refund was no longer shown as provisional, but rather was a normal refund.

Has to occur within 30 days of the original credit card bill with the charge. Sounds like he is almost a year out since the original purchase. Did they have a warranty length on the boots? Amex and some card companies are helpful if it was.

I thought we had a consumer affiars volunteer in the MOA to help with a situation like this, but couldn't find a contact online??

found it:

BradfordBenn said:
In the front of the ON magazine is the contact info for Paul Johnson who is the Consumer Liaison. I would contact him first and give him a chance to help you. He is a BMWMOA volunteer that will get you on the right road. But his basic role is that he will work to resolve issues between a member and an advertiser in the ON. Might not hurt to let him know.

Credit received

:eat
Today after much prodding, I received credit for the returned boots. Only took two months to resolve the issue. Lesson: never give up and don't take the vendors crap.

Gary

Back