• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Bead Rider Feedback

redclfco

I am doing a cut n' paste from my email to here between beadrider and myself over a faulty product purchased year ago and 8 days out of warranty. Scroll down for the first exchange, then go up for the conclusion.

Dale,

We will ship your order out tomorrow and credit your card once we get the old seat. Yes the MOA is always a good rally for us. We usually sell out by Friday. Though we did not make it this year, we had a dealer there. They sold out in one day. We will probably be in TN next year.

Chris

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: RE:
Date: Sun, August 31, 2008 9:41 pm
To: <sales@beadrider.com>

Chris,

What great service! Go ahead and ship and charge the seat to me, then I will return the other asap; probably pass each other in the night! Then when you get the old seat, just credit whats fair back on my card, if that works for you, it works for me! I will ship in the same box I get the new one, and will use the below address.

You guys were not at the BMW MOA national! I talked to quite a few people about my desire to buy a new one, and will see most of them this coming weekend at the Wisconsin Dells BMW Rally with this followup report! This kind of service requires followup! I really see this product a a "wonder product" that beats, hands down, anything else on the market for a non-sore butt on long trips! I use it everyday commuting as well. Added plus? DRY BUTT in the rain; because your not on a flat surface, your butt stays dry in heavy rains in "water proof" gear. It really works for me!

FYI I am sure that there are many factors that go into it, but you guys could sell a zillion of these things at the BMWMOA rally next year, many were hoping you were there.

Thanks again,

"Dale"
----- Original Message -----
To: "DALE"
Sent: Sunday, August 31, 2008 12:15 PM
Subject: RE:

Hi Dale,

Your old seat is out of warranty....by 8 days! Of course we will replace your old seat for free. Just ship it back to us and we will take care of it. We can do it one of two ways. We can hold off on your new order until we receive the old seat and then credit you for the rider seat. Or we can ship your current order and credit you for the rider seat once we receive the old one. Let us know what you would like us to do. Either way, you will only have to pay for the pillion seat and shipping.

BeadRider
153 Norwich Lane
Gaithersburg, MD 20878

Chris Sakala
BeadRider

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:
Date: Sun, August 31, 2008 10:25 am
To: <sales@beadrider.com>

I just now ordered a new bead rider, and had included in the message my story about last years purchase, but wanted to make sure the whole message got to you. I bought your product last year, and have been totally pleased with the performance, but totally displeased with the fact that within one year, the seat has self destructed. I have it tied together with fishing line.

I am however ordering the seat AND pillion this year, love your product, promote your product, and would be happy to send you back last years so you can verify, just let me know! It started falling apart last summer, and I have been so pleased with the performance, I just have tied it together and kept on riding, but last weekend, I lost a bunch of beads on my way back from a trip, and I need to replace it. I cant stand to ride without it, thus my order.

Are you guys (and gals) able to compensate me on last years seat cover failure? I'm not a rowdy type guy who tore it up by abuse, just a 50 somthing old fart that rides normal, yet the seat is in pieces, and I am hoping you see the light in terms of how I can promote your product, promote your service if you could at least discount this years seat.. My phone, if you want to chat is 507#######. I am respectfully requesting a discount on this years purchase due to a faulty seat I bought last year.

Thanks for taking time to reead this, and thank you in advance for doing the right thing this year by giving me a discount on my new seat. Let me know, and thank you!

Dale

Overall, I am very pleased with my Beadrider.

The good news: Parts of my body that only my mother has seen are well ventilated and therefore foil monkey-butt.

The bad news: Anything placed on Beadrider will slide and fall to the ground; especially, brand new, expensive prescription sun glasses. Duh.

Beadrider -

Rode out to Gillette on a sheepskin, OK, not great.... towards the end of each day I seemed to have chaffing in the nether regions. Bought a Beadrider - wow. I was able to pound down 600+ mile days in hot weather more easily.

The ventilation and the distributed pressure points work well.

They sure seem overpriced, but Beadriders deliver!

Impressive customer service.

I just ordered some beadriders last week. In a couple weeks I'm going on an 800 mile ride. I'll certainly post a review.

The bad news: Anything placed on Beadrider will slide and fall to the ground; especially, brand new, expensive prescription sun glasses. Duh.
I never thought of that, but it sure makes sense!

I love the Beadrider !! I decided to pass on a custom seat when I bought my 08 RT with the theory that my butt wouldn't be touching a fancy custom seat anyway. My theory paid off. I can ride all day using a stock seat and a $36 Breadrider. Could be worth a try for those looking to get an expensive replacement saddle to alleviate sore butt.

I like the product too, but I too am displeased with the lack of longevity. The price they ask is too much for something I'll have to buy again every two years. I have heard of less-expensive equivalent products but have yet to actually find them anywhere...anybody got a tip?

I like the product too, but I too am displeased with the lack of longevity. The price they ask is too much for something I'll have to buy again every two years. I have heard of less-expensive equivalent products but have yet to actually find them anywhere...anybody got a tip?

Lack of longevity? You have a number to put with that? I've ridden 5,000 miles last summer and another 7,000 miles this summer on mine and its not showing any signs of failure or even wear other than the black color is ever so slightly fading in spots. I figure that comes to $0.003 per mile at this point.

I used to make my own. A pair of car seats was about $25 IIRC, then I had to cut it to shape and restring and tie the border. Then pick up all the loose beads that fell to the ground and rolled all around the floor. It took a couple hours. Its far easier, and cheaper overall to plunk down $35 on a beadrider IMO.

I like the product too, but I too am displeased with the lack of longevity. The price they ask is too much for something I'll have to buy again every two years.
Wow, I hope that's not always true. At Bo's party a couple of weeks ago I spoke to a guy who parked his bike out back. He had beads on his 12GSA stock seat. They were so worn that the natural wood brown had replaced the the faded black. The guy said they were beadriders and he had used that particular one for many years on several bikes. It was that conversation that convinced me to buy one.

Hmmm....

Wow, I hope that's not always true. At Bo's party a couple of weeks ago I spoke to a guy who parked his bike out back. He had beads on his 12GSA stock seat. They were so worn that the natural wood brown had replaced the the faded black. The guy said they were beadriders and he had used that particular one for many years on several bikes. It was that conversation that convinced me to buy one.

Hmmm....

Totally opposite experience- my beads are all still black, but by two years of age the thing was already about 20% held together with mini-cable-ties. I wonder if they've gone to a cheeper filament?

Totally opposite experience- my beads are all still black, but by two years of age the thing was already about 20% held together with mini-cable-ties. I wonder if they've gone to a cheeper filament?

All I know is

#1. My Butt is NEVER sore,and I ride alot!

#2 The damn thing fell apart and still worked for 6 monrths

#3 they are replacing it even when I am out of warranty!

#4 I'm buying another set!

#5 I wish they came in a blonde bead, or maybe a pattern? Then I could look like my 90 year old grampa in his Ford Falcon with a bead seat from 1968 :):):)

Dale,

Shameless promotion of a product prohibited by the guidelines! :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh

Thanks for sharing your positive experience. It's really encouraging, in today's economy, to find a company willing to stand behind (no pun intended) their product.

Too often we hear of the bad and ugly experiences.

So from now on do we know you a Bead Butt??????:bolt

veg - i have the same issue on my HP2. the beadrider works well, but appears that it isn't going to go more than a couple years (~15k miles)

i've just bought an airhawk because i hear lots of good reviews. it is very high-quality, but cost nearly as much as 3-4 beadriders.

however... i am buying mine off the ibmwr marketplace, very lightly used, for about half the price of used.

the reason i bought a beadrider in the first place is to see whether something like this will fix the HP2's ass-breaker seat cheaper than an aftermarket product. i bet after all this, i will wind up getting an aftermarket seat... if only for appearance' sake... probably a renazco.

ian

I have a beadrider which I got for my trip to Deals Gap TOMORROW. Having trouble concentrating at work today!

I'm not sure how effective it is but I will certainly find out.

Question for those whose seats are disintegrating. Are all these bikes parked outside in the sun? Methinks the cord would fail from constant UV exposure.

I have a beadrider which I got for my trip to Deals Gap TOMORROW. Having trouble concentrating at work today!

I'm not sure how effective it is but I will certainly find out.

Question for those whose seats are disintegrating. Are all these bikes parked outside in the sun? Methinks the cord would fail from constant UV exposure.

Mine was parked in a nice enclosed garage except when out on the road. I didn't commute on the bike so no exposure there.

And of course I don't want to give a TOTALLY negative impression here- the longevity is my only real gripe with the product. As far as its function as a comfort-aid, I praise it highly.

Beadrider

I bought a new Airhawk for the trip to Gillette. I did not like it, and sold it at the Rally. I bought a new Beadrider at the rally and it is ok, but it broke the second day I had it. does any one know if I can exchange it for a new one? and if so, how do I go about contacting them. thanks.

Back